Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link.Submit C.V.!use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org.
IFC supports economic growth by promoting private sector investment in its developing member countries through long-term financing and advisory services. IFC finances projects that are commercially viable and environmentally and socially sound while contributing to sustainable development. Through its Policy on Environmental and Social Sustainability, IFC’s Environmental, Social and Governance Department (CEG) ensures that the Corporation’s activities meet the requirements of its Performance Standards. CEG also offers a wide range of expertise to help clients and solve complex environmental, social, and sometimes corporate governance risk challenges, to ensure the IFC-financed projects truly contribute to sustainable development
Duties and Responsibilities:
The work to be undertaken is described below and will include:
• Lead E&S review and appraisal and ensure clear and timely guidance to clients and Transaction Teams on E&S risk management in all relevant financial intermediaries’ investment and advisory transactions throughout the project life cycle.
Undertake E&S due diligence of IFC proposed investments in financial intermediaries (FIs):
• Gathering and analyzing available information to identify gaps against specific Performance Standards for assigned projects.
• Identification and proposition of appropriate mitigation measures for risks and impacts.
• Production of high-quality work products that clearly and logically frame risk mitigation.
• Identification of opportunities for value-add in project structure, including providing IFC clients with guidance in establishing E&S Management Systems to ensure compliance with IFC E&S requirements.
Supervise the E&S performance of FI clients and actively work with Transaction Teams or Portfolio Management to ensure the effective monitoring and supervision of environmental performance of multiple, complex portfolio clients with high visibility/reputation risk:
• Monitoring and supervision will include regulator site visits as applicable, directly with the client and/or in collaboration with the Transaction Teams or Portfolio Management.
• Contribute to the design and delivery of learning programs on sustainability and environment risk management for IFC clients and investment staff, as well as working on the development of tools, checklists, and guidelines to improve efficiencies of project processing and enable improved client management of environmental and social issues.
• Provide support to the leadership team in mentoring junior specialists.
• Assist IFC staff with business development, to ensure the environmental issues are addressed early in the process.