Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- IFES is seeking a local national Senior Project Officer (SPO) to support the USAID-funded Strengthening Kenya’s Electoral Integrity (SKEI) Activity in Kenya. Under the direction and supervision of the Country Director, the SPO will provide technical and operational support to the IFES Kenya office. The SPO will be responsible for the development and timely execution of high-quality activities and deliverables.
Major Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide general programmatic and logistical support, as well as report writing, under the direction of the Country Director (in English and Swahili).
- Liaise with international and national electoral stakeholders, maintain, and nourish key relationships.
- Support implementation of activities as directed by the Country Director, based on approved workplan(s), budgets, and other relevant frameworks.
- Provide input into the annual workplan drafting process, as necessary.
- Coordinate with IFES’ CEPPS partners and other USAID implementing partners and participate in roundtables or other events per Country Director’s guidance.
- Contribute to regular programmatic reports to donors and IFES HQ, including monthly and quarterly performance reports, policy briefs, technical documents, and papers, as necessary.
- Contribute regularly to monitoring, evaluation, and learning data collection as well as Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) discussions and efforts.
- Organize IFES programs and activities such as events, capacity building, workshops, and trainings by undertaking activity planning and facilitation, presenting sessions, arranging accommodation and venues in conjunction with the Finance and Administration Officer, and general activity organization and administration.
- Support drafting of requests for proposals, scopes of work necessary for programmatic activities, participate in evaluations for purposes of selecting vendors and/or sub awardees, as applicable.
- Maintain crucial project documents which track project progress, file all project documents in an appropriate database, ensure that all documents are accurate and have been accepted by the Country Director.
- Identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the project or operations within IFES Kenya, communicate these items with the Country Director, and work to identify potential solutions.
- Closely monitor the project schedule, monitor deadlines for each project task, raise potential delays with the Country Director.
- Ensure branding, marking, and reporting expectations are well planned and met.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills And Specifications
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- The ability to complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Team player eager to take on a variety of responsibilities.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity.
- Passion for the IFES mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, Political Science, Governance, Public Administration, Communication, Sociology, or similar qualification required.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience or 4 years of relevant work experience with a specialized degree.
- Experience working with USAID-supported projects/NGOs on implementation of international technical assistance programs required.
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in election administration strongly preferred.
- Sound experience in program and activity management including organizing events, workshops and trainings and activity facilitation, development, and presentation of training sessions.
- Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel required.
- Training/facilitation skills is an advantage.
- Proven competency on monitoring, evaluation, and learning required.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines required.
- Knowledge of Kenyan politics, administrations, civil society, and culture required.
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to show good judgement, resourcefulness, and initiative.
- Flexibility and creativity a plus.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and address complex matters with integrity.
- Collaborative, team-oriented individual comfortable operating in a multicultural environment.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Spoken and written fluency in English and Swahili is required.