Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
• Design and populate a relational geodatabase with structured and non–structured data representing environmental and socio–economic phenomena that are appropriate for agricultural modeling.
• Standardize data in the Initiative’s geodatabase and maintain updated metadata to conform to Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards.
• Automate retrieval, archival, and processing of spatial and non–spatial data from multiple sources using Google Earth Engine (GEE), R, python, or CG Labs.
• Maintain version control of data processing routines using GitHub and make the Initiatives data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable (FAIR).
• Design mobile–based survey data collection tools such as ODK, KoboCollect, and SurveyCTO.
• Contribute to data visualization through maps and graphs to reveal spatial and temporal trends.
• Perform any other job–related duties as may be assigned.
The candidate should have an advanced university Degree (MSc or Ph.D.) in Geography, Geomatics, Data Science, or Environmental Management with a specialization in Geographic Information Systems or other related fields.
• At least 3 years of hands–on experience on the management of distributed or relational geodatabases such as PostgreSQL, PostGIS, SQL Server, and enterprise geospatial databases engine (ArcSDE), data modeling, and experience with related tools.
• Proficiency in programming using Google Earth Engine (GEE), R or python, or CG Labs.
• Demonstrated proficiency in version control tools and developing good practices (well–structured, modular code) and such as GitHub will be an added advantage.
• Experience in making spatial data and information and services FAIR – Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable.
• Experience with data visualization and creativity in summarizing complex datasets to communicate key messages to non–expert audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to write and publish journal articles.
• Ability to work as a member of a multi–disciplinary or transdisciplinary team in a cross–cultural environment.
• Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya.
General information: The contract will be for an initial period of two years. IITA offers an internationally competitive remuneration package paid in US Dollars.
Applications: Applications must include a cover letter, which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, and names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work). The application should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources. Please complete our online application form using this link: http://www.iita.org/careers
Closing Date: 6th October 2022.