Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Internal Audit Manager to objectively evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk management and control systems at CIMMYT headquarters and in regional operations.
Providing Assurance- planning, monitoring and quality review of Assurance engagements:
- Actively participate in the development of a risk- based annual, medium- term and long-term internal audit plan.
- Complete and supervise assurance and advisory engagements, reviews, investigations and other work assigned.
- Participate in the conduct of special investigations into cases of alleged fraud.
- Produce high-quallity, value-adding audit reports.
- Reporting on progress to the Audit, Finance and Risk Committee and Management
Maintaining a high- performing Internal Audit Unit – improvement and innovation
- Ensure consistent development and implementation of the Assurance approach and strategy.
- Act as a lead on various projects or actions to implement the IAU improvement plan.
- Provide coaching and guidance to the teams that undertake the various assurance engagements.
- Prepare and monitor the IAU budget to implement the Annual Workplan.
- Maintain high quality work standards and remain up to date with the evolution of standards and practices.
Management support and learning
- Ensure that relationships with all clients/ auditees remain strong, through effective networking.
- Make effective recommendations to management on how to improve the control framework and manage risks.
- Facilitate the sharing of learning.
- Providing independent advice regarding appropriate levels of internal control.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or related designation.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible professional experience in audit or related field is required..
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of auditing and of the requirements of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Ability to plan and organize a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Working experience in audit with an international organization is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with major donors is required.
- Experience in analysis of complete sets of data to identify anomalies and trends is required
- Understand scientific research controls and experience of auditing research science management process.
- Proven experience or willingness to travel for work in the regions whare CIMMYT operates.