Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Under the overall guidance of the Programme Coordinator (Saameynta Joint Programme) and the direct supervision of Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer, in coordination with relevant programme managers, the successful candidate will assist in supporting and contributing to Saameynta Consortium Management Unit activities, in particular Project Reporting, Communications, and Knowledge Management.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
The core duties shall include the following:
- Support in Programme Management, Administration and overall support to the UN Joint engagement.
- Connect with knowledge partners, implementing partners, donor stakeholders and government to exchange on the synthesis findings for adaptive programming.
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans and recommendations for the programme’s activities, including risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
- Assist in building and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders, including governments, NGOs, and local communities.
- Collaborate with various departments and units within IOM to ensure that projects and initiatives align with the programme’s overall goals and strategies.
- Support the knowledge management of the Durable Solution unit and Saameynta Programme by maintaining and updating project matrix and maintaining institutional memories or other documentation and information management systems.
- Assist in developing communications products to showcase Saameynta Joint Programme activities, and other Durable Solution activities as needed by assisting in data collection, development/writing, revising, proof reading, and graphics.
- Assist M&E team to ensure proper monitoring of results and implementation of activities, and other Durable Solutions activities as required by tracking outputs of the activities, beneficiary figures, and documentation of success stories.
- Review and carry out preliminary editing of donor reports from programme units and participate in the report finalization process with the Donor Report team at the Regional Office in Nairobi.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of internal and external meetings with donor, partners, and government (preparing the agenda, taking minutes, collecting action points etc.)
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Training Components and Learning Elements
- The Intern will gain on-site experience in working in an international multicultural environment, within the United Nations system.
- The Intern will gain a better understanding of IOM’s work, as an inter-governmental
- organization in the field of migration and sustainable development, incl. cooperation with the government partners and UN agencies.
- The Intern will acquire technical knowledge in reporting, development of diverse communications products and environmental and Community Stabilization -based programming.
- The Intern can will be able to access relevant online training courses at the disposal of all IOM staff.
- The Intern will have the possibility to interact with the multi-stakeholder constituents, as well as with the internal and external partners involved in organization and implementation of capacity building communications and knowledge sharing activities.
- University degree or/and master’s degree in International Relations, International Development, Humanities, Law, Political or Social Science, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution
- Six-month professional experience related to any of the following activities: M&E, reporting, data management, communications, research, strategic planning, business administration.
- Experience working or internship for an International NGO or UN agency is an advantage.
- Excellent and demonstrable analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-governmental or governmental institutions/organizations in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage
- Experience in writing reports and proof reading.
- Knowledge of working on Knowledge Management and research activities in Somalia or the region is an advantage.
- Knowledge in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis.
- Digital literacy and demonstrated knowledge of information technology in Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required (oral and written); Working proficiency of other UN languages will be considered an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results:produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner;is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Call for application number (CFA) Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: email@example.com