Requisition ID: req35374
Job Title: HR Onboarding Associate
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, IHUB, Kenya
The HR Onboarding Associate, as part of the HR team in I-Hub, guides candidates through the new hire experience and acts as a guide throughout the pre-employment and onboarding process in partnership with Recruiting Associates, HR Partners, HR Focal Points and hiring managers.
This role will complete assignments and tasks by set target dates, including data entry, and ensuring forms, documents and processes are complete and properly updated.
The Onboarding team is a new hire’s main point of contact after accepting an offer and the Onboarding Associate must be customer service focused striving to make the process easy while ensuring the process is aligned with local labor practices.
• Proactively engaging with the candidate after the offer is signed.
• Tracking onboarding tasks which includes new hire communications, data collection and management, compliance acknowledgements, and orientations.
• Support new hire orientation
• Other responsibilities and projects as assigned to include improving processes and procedures
• Creating policies and handbooks that detail company operations.
• Emailing new hires with details about the company, including parking information and work schedules
• Welcoming new hires with prepared onboarding kits and an office tour.
• Introducing new hires to their team members.
• Ensuring new hires have the necessary technical assistance to set up their hardware and software.
• Gathering and filing all paperwork related to new hires, including contracts and bio data
• Conducting exit interviews with departing employees to learn about their reasons for leaving the company
• Two plus years of HR Coordination/Specialist experience required
• Experience in a customer service environment with demonstrable experience in active listening and problem-solving skills
• Experience in HR concepts and Employment laws and regulations a plus
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies and Qualifications:
• Ability to work under limited direction with sound sense of accountability and aim for results
• Provides outstanding customer service by consistently going above and beyond in building trust and respect among customers.
• Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Human Resource Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
• Membership of the Institute of Human Resource Management in good standing.
• Strong interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with other employees and external parties
• An effective communicator
• Skilled in Microsoft Office applications (Excel a must)
• Confidentiality and sensitive information handling skills.
• Must be very organized and detail oriented with the ability to shift priorities as needed
• Workday, Cornerstone experience a plus
Working environment of an office with the option of working remotely 2-3 days a week
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.