Requisition ID: req37241
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Hagadera, Kenya
To serve as the focal point for the delivery of all Human Resources Services to the Hagadera field office
As the assigned recruiter for the field office:
- Coordinate recruitment of functional, administrative and support level staff at the field office levels for standard and Just in Time recruitments
- Coordinate internal mobility strategies for internally recruited staff
- Serve as the HR panelist for recruitments and support all localized recruitments.
- Ensure the appropriate on-boarding and transition processes for all staff based at the field offices
- Coordinate all performance management processes for all field-based staff
- Provide a supportive and advisory role to all line managers for any corrective/ disciplinary action
- Manage the exit process for all field-based staff
- Track approved professional development and career pathing objectives for field staff
- Support Compensation and Benefit strategies by coordination of localized salary surveys at least once every two years, and raising any challenges posed in talent retention based on compensation and benefits provided.
Services and Administration
Directly supervise the field based HRO to:
- Monitor all types of leave and absenteeism for each staff member on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as appropriate.
- Maintain up-to-date records for: Personnel files, Recruitment, Leave, Training, Performance Management, Benefits, Payroll and Timesheets
- Ensure that all field-based staff are duly registered on the payroll, with service providers for benefits; are registered with the statutory bodies
- Ensure that as they exit, all field staff are appropriately managed in the exit process for the end of their tenure with the organization
- Provide the HR Manager Talent/ HR Manager Rewards & Business processes with regular updates on relevant status changes for staff in the Hagadera field location.
- Support staff and supervisors through the management of any grievances and disputes
- Train staff through monthly staff meetings.
- Maintain all talent acquisition and management processes on Cornerstone, manage HRIS information on Workday, and process incentive staff payroll on Paymaster and provide any support needed on Integra system.
- Provide weekly/monthly reports to the HR Manager Talent/ HR Manager Rewards & Business processes on the status of;
- Personnel files; Recruitment; Leave; Training; Performance Management; Benefit; Payroll; and Employee relations issues.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or Business Administration; An alternate Bachelor’s degree with a PGD in Human Resources Management is also acceptable
- At least 5 years continuous practice in a similar position, with at least 3 in a supervisory position
- Certified as a HR practitioner as per IHRM Act
- Similar experience with an INGO will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge of the National Labour requirements – Employment Act, WIBA, OSHA, NITA, RBA, NHIF, NSSF, PAYE
- A good understanding of compensation and benefits strategies
- Above average competency with MS Office Suite
- Experience in use of payroll packages
Demonstrated skills in:
- Supervision of staff; Team Building; Organization; Time Management; Excellent Verbal and Written Communication in English; Analytical reasoning; Conflict resolution; Positive Interpersonal interactions; Negotiation; Report Writing and Cultural and Diversity Sensitivity
Demonstrated Ability to:
- Work independently
- Work within tight deadlines
- Work within a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment
- Manage a project
- Exercise flexibility in the role to accomplish goals
- Work in a climatically challenging environment
- Work in a conflict/post-conflict environment is an added advantage.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
The IRC is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.