Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Requisition ID: req31705
Job Title: Livelihood Assistant
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Lodwar, Kenya
The International Rescue Committee (IRC), one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression, and violent hostility in 42 countries. Since 1992, the IRC has provided life-saving services to refugees and vulnerable local communities in Kenya. The IRC implements programs in the areas of coordinated primary health care (including nutrition and HIV/AIDS); economic recovery and livelihoods; protection of rights; and women’s protection and empowerment of refugees in the camps as well as host communities.
The Livelihoods Assistant will assist the Senior Program Officer in achieving the project’s goals. They will collaborate with other program staffs to implement IRC livelihood interventions that include cash transfers. The position holder is responsible for all aspects of program delivery via cash-based programming, which can be conditional or unconditional cash transfer or in kind depending on the context.
- Aid project leadership and carry through the implementation of the detailed Cash Based program standard operating procedures for both conditional and unconditional grants.
- Strengthen the financial transfer delivery systems built for IRC drought response, ensuring that SOPs in place and followed.
- Support the shape up of a Cash Transfer System and approaches on a continuous basis drawing on experience and lessons learnt from previous IRC projects.
- Use technical knowledge and skills to implement the delivery of cash-based programs in the community. Identify and recommend solutions to cash-based technical issues as soon as possible. Prepare Purchase Requests for program supplies/activities and work with the Supply Chain and Finance team to complete field procurement as advised and authorized.
- Support in identifying and ensure the involvement of the beneficiary communities in community mobilization activities through interactive and participatory techniques with beneficiaries, local government partners, vendors, non-clients, and other key players.
- Ensure that beneficiary feedback and response mechanism (BFRM) activities are carried out, as well as serving as the field focal point for the BFRM data base. Maintain respectful and constructive relationships with clients and partners.
- Provide support for partners in the use of systems and tools for collecting and monitoring data, providing input for the invention of concept notes/proposals for cash transfer projects.
- Closely run progress against objectives, highlighting risks and roadblocks as soon as they arise and taking ownership for high-quality, timely delivery.
- Be responsible for usage of emergency preparedness and response funding. Ensure achievement of results, funding is spent, and donor reporting is generated and submitted accurately and on schedule.
- Assist the supervisors in ensuring that all monitoring activities, including detailed and timely data collection, are fully documented as the need arises for IRC M&E purposes.
- Train community facilitators & enumerators under their supervision, and others (if any) on cash transfer programming (CTP) to optimally support the scale and scope of the program.
- As needed and in coordination with other project sector leads and country program management, represents IRC in County Steering group, Cash working group, Livelihood Sector, and other Cluster forums and discussions.
- Stay in sync with all IRC safety and security procedures and contribute to security monitoring to enable and promote a safe and secure environment for program implementation.
- Fulfill any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- University degree in Business Administration/Management, Commerce, Community Development, Enterprise Development, Economics, International Development, Finance, or any other relevant field with proven experience in livelihoods/Cash based programming preferably with an International NGO.
- Excellent command of the most common methodologies to identify, assess and keep track of livelihood activities.
- Experience working with marginalized communities/rural livelihoods.
- Experience in handling complaints and establishing response mechanisms in relation to collaborator information.
- Personal qualities: Works well and promotes partnerships, is flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Experience in humanitarian work.
- Validated practical experience in partnership/collaborator engagement and management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate (Microsoft office and other end user applications).
The position will be based in IRC Kenya’s Lodwar Office with frequent travel to the field.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must enforce the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other encouraging benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.