Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Requisition ID: req37402
Job Title: MEL Technology Manager
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, IHUB, Kenya
Reporting to the Project MEAL Coordinator, the Project MEL Technology Manager will be responsible for supporting the use of M&E technology to improve data management and quality for the GAVI REACH project being implemented in the Horn of Africa. The position will lead in overall database management, developing and deploying electronic data collection tools in ODK, Kobo collect and specifically CommCare, data analysis and creation of visual dashboard in Power BI, project system trouble shooting, training of users, improving electronic data flows, data quality, data analysis, project dashboards and other information products. The position will ensure that the Project Databases are integrated and interoperable with existing project partner databases and in line with GAVI data quality guidelines. The Position will take an active role in adaptive management through active participation in stakeholder engagements, learning and work planning meetings.
1. Deployment of technologies for data collection
• Undertake technology needs assessments for GAVI REACH project
• Lead the development and ongoing adaptations of the forms in CommCare and dashboards Power BI
• Design and implement project plans for countries/programs transitioning to new data collection tools
• Configuration of non-standard project/program indicators in data collection tools
• Ensure data validation is well embedded in the structure of data collection tools
• Collaborating with program, IT and supply chain teams to plan purchase of devices needed for data management
• System training and ongoing end-user support for IRC staff and partners
• Overall project data base management ensuring system integrity and accuracy of data, as well as conduct routine data quality checks.
• Ensure REACH data is systematically presented in the countries PID in the target countries
2. Supporting data management, analysis and visualization
• Working from standard XLSX and PBIX templates, setting up indicator database and dashboard for visualizing M&E data.
• In close collaboration with MEAL Coordinator, undertake Data analysis, Data Quality Assurance and Data reviews and use to inform the Project Programming
• Providing training to M&E staff on indicator databases and dashboards
• Undertaking data quality assessments for current databases
• Migration or transformation of existing project or country level data in to standard data structures
• Follow up with country MEL staff to ensure monthly data is uploaded in line with the standard operating procedures, check completeness and accuracy, 3. Understanding user needs and ensuring these needs are well understood throughout the team
• Gathering user feedback on data tools during and after deployment
• Participating in requirements capturing and user acceptance testing (UAT) for new tools
• Sharing user feedback with colleagues in IT and other team feedback
• Conduct any other duties assigned to support REACH project management
Qualification and experience
• Education: University degree in Information Technology, Database Development, Web Design and Networking, Data Science, or related studies
• 5 Years’ experience in Project Database development, processes and management.
• Experience in data collection tool using mobile data collection systems such as Commcare, KoBoCollect or any ODK system.
• Technical skills in setting up Databases data quality controls, validation criteria, project staff training and capacity strengthening and system trouble shooting.
• Proficiency and experience with mobile data collection such as CommCare, ODK, Microsoft Excel, SPSS, STATA or other similar software’s, Power-Bi and GIS software tools.
• Confirmed ability to lead, mentor and empower a small to a medium professional team.
• Self-motivated with good organization, and planning skills, including prioritizing work and multi-tasking.
• Willingness to travel to various field-level offices (40%).
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work remotely and independently
• Ability to work under own initiative with a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Proven skills in making empirical data accessible for different audiences, and in using different channels and media.
• Self-motivated and result-driven, with ability to effectively build and manage networks and relationships for program promotion and issue-resolution
• Active listening and effective communication.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving.
• Professionalism and work ethic.
• Receptive and Resilient.
• Positive Interpersonal interactions
The position is based in Nairobi, with scheduled travel to field locations in REACH Project countries
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equity. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other encouraging benefits and allowances.
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.