Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Job Title: Pharmaceutical Technician
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Hagadera, Kenya
The IRC Kenya Country Program is currently implementing the first phase (years 2022-2024) of its ten-year Strategic Action Plan 100 (SAP 100) focusing on five outcome areas which include ensuring safety from harm, improving health, growing access to education, improving economic well-being, and ensuring people have the power to influence decisions that affect their lives.
Under the mentorship and supervision of the Pharmacist or designate, the Pharmaceutical technologist- will be involved in management of the pharmacy and drug management systems.
- Receive, verify and record all incoming items in the Hospital drug store.
- Issue and write down all items duly requested by the consumption units in the prescribed format.
- Ensure accurate filling and storage of all the documents in the health centre drug store.
- Supervise consumptions of items in the consumptions units.
- Ensure proper storage of all supplies in the Hospital drug store.
- Regularly monitor expiry dates of all items.
- Supervise on poorly used and slow moving medical supplies and together with the manager advice the prescribers/users accordingly.
- Supervise the stock levels and in consultation with the supervisor to avoid unnecessary stock outs.
- Record twice daily the temperatures in the cold room and the fridge.
- Ensure proper maintenance of cold chain in the drug store.
- Offer pharmaceutical advice when required.
- With the manager, assist in preparation of consumption reports.
- Conduct regular physical inventory to ensure compliance of records.
- Do any other duty as assigned to you by your supervisor.
Key Result Areas
- Accurate and timely documentation of all issues and received drugs and medical items.
- Daily recording and tracking of temperatures in the cold room and the fridge.
- Timely issue orders to the various units in the prescribed forms on their ordering days.
- Proper storage of drugs and medical items.
- Tracking of expired and slow moving items.
- A Diploma in pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- They must be enrolled by the Pharmacy and Poisons board.
- At least three years hospital pharmacy experience.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Computer literate.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- A standout colleague.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and in the Somali language is an advantage.
- Ability to work ethically in demanding environment.
- Good customer care skills
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers should carry through, the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection; from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other encouraging benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.