Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Requisition ID: req37555
Job Title: Project Manager, Maternal & Newborn Health
Sector: Research & Development
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The IRC’s Airbel Impact Lab designs, tests, and scales life-changing, cost-effective solutions for people affected by conflict and disaster. By applying the IRC’s deep technical expertise and field experience with a range of skills from the behavioral sciences, human-centered design, rigorous research, and multi-disciplinary problem-solving in humanitarian contexts, we work to develop breakthrough solutions that combine creativity and rigor, openness and expertise, and a desire to think afresh with the experience of a large-scale implementing organization.
In today’s reality, where hundreds of people are impacted by disaster and conflict, there is an urgent need to invest in uninterrupted, life-saving sexual, reproductive, maternal and newborn health care. The Airbel Impact Lab is helping to lead the global humanitarian community in rethinking how we can reach more women and girls with simple, cost-effective, proven solutions. To generate these solutions, we are focused on three core pillars:
1) Developing self-care models that increase safe abortion choices and contraceptive options;
2) Strengthening community health systems for delivery of essential maternal and newborn care; and
3) Advocating for supportive changes in national and global policy.
We are seeking an organized and passionate project manager to support a growing portfolio around Community-Based Maternal and Newborn Care (CBMNC) programming in conflict-affected contexts in Sub-Saharan Africa. As Project Manager, this position will work closely with in-country teams to scope projects, objectives, and timelines, and evolve them as needed. In this role you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to lay the foundation for the discovery, design and incubation of successful programs that are resilient to risk and deliver the highest possible impact for the communities we serve.
• Manage delivery of activities under a growing CBMNC portfolio with cross functional, multi-disciplinary teams to complete tasks on time and with high fidelity; covering program implementation, research, and innovation activities.
• Facilitate the forming and onboarding of individual project teams including country program staff, technical unit colleagues, partners, and consultants.
• Coordinate and oversee the establishment of roles and responsibilities with collaborators as projects launch.
• Lead project teams in creating detailed work plans and drive their successful delivery.
• Set up and manage trackers for key project deliverables, create and lead monthly project check-ins, and actively follow-up on updates, challenges, and problem-solving with partners.
• Identify potential challenges and establish strategies to minimize risk.
• Help team members troubleshoot and coordinate issues that involve work across practices.
• Schedule, prepare agendas, and facilitate project meetings, take minutes, communicate and follow-up on action items.
• Maintain communication and knowledge management systems for the project and ensure project teams and partners have access to relevant records.
• Provide a positive working experience for collaborators and team members.
• Act as the main point-of-contact for external partners.
• Support budgeting and business development processes.
• 4-5 years of experience delivering projects and programs ideally in an NGO or social enterprise setting.
• Preferred experience working in low-resource contexts and/or conflict affected areas.
• Preferred experience or interest in relevant topic areas of maternal and newborn health and/or community health.
• Familiarity and experience with project management software tools, methodologies and best practices.
• High level of proficiency with the Google suite and Excel as well as the Adobe suite of products.
• Unparalleled team collaboration skills; comfort working with researchers, frontline implementers, beneficiaries, engineers, donors, and communications staff.
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure and deal with competing priorities in a fast-paced team environment.
• Ability to apply a diversity and inclusion lens and approach to work.
• Cares about the mission and goals of the IRC.
• English proficiency is required.
Mix of remote and in person work. Applicants must have a home or alternate workspace they can effectively complete their work from during regularly scheduled work hours.
The IRC is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.