Requisition ID: req37244
Job Title: Support Team – Process Development Intern
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, IHUB, Kenya
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At-work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
As a result of unstable environment there are mass populations of people that face high levels of vulnerability and risk, in particular women, and children at the forefront of heightened risk due to patriarchy, structural inequalities, harmful social, cultural, and traditional norms, and practices. In response to these disparities-IRCs’ Gender Equality, Diversity, & Inclusion strategy aims to advance Gender, Equality, Diversity, Inclusion focused on (3) Pillars: Who We Are, What we Do, and What we say & how engage including: GEDI mainstreamed in program design, deliver programs rooted in intersectional analysis, & external engagement centered on the needs of our clients, staff, and partners.
The Support Team – Process Development Intern will serve as a key source of support to the GREWS department based in Nairobi. The position is focused on operational process improvement activities. The internship involves working closely with the operations teams in documenting and implementing process/system improvements initiatives. The role holder will be responsible to track and maintain the metrics of assigned processes.
The successful candidate should have an eye for detail to achieve process goals, actively seeks to understand IRC’s core values and translates those into everyday practices.
Essential Job Functions:
• Plan and implement business process improvement projects focused on improving the effectiveness and efficiency of I-Hub’s operational processes
• Meets with department representatives to discuss cross-department initiatives and facilitates the discussion of potential solutions for areas of inefficiency
• Facilitates working group sessions throughout all phases of the operational process. Monitors, documents, and presents process improvements arears
• Works with the Support and Operations team to ensure the content of the I-Hub Operations Manual are being consistently supported.
• Calendar management, including scheduling and organizing meetings/workshops when required.
• Provide administrative support on an as needed basis
• Support other activities as requested.
Key Working Relationships:
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
– GREWS department.
– I-Hub: I-Hub Director
– Frequent contact with support team
Required: Bachelor’s degree in business or process management, and other relevant disciplines.
• Experience in developing process simulations
• Experience in writing and editing reports, creating presentations, and basic graphic design knowledge.
• Detailed knowledge of process management software
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills: ability to work effectively across and within a large, complex non-profit organization, both laterally and vertically, and diplomatically communicate with a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment.
• Excellent organizational skills: the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment and efficiently organize the workflow of a fast-paced team.
• Proven attention to details: the ability to track and process multiple details simultaneously and accurately.
• Solid writing and editing skills: the ability to draft and edit professional documents and correspondences
• Strong visual skills: the ability to assist with preparation of charts and graphs in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment and independently.
• Trustworthy with an ability in maintaining confidential information.
• Strong computer skills: ability to work effectively and accurately with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and to adapt to new applications.
Language Skills: English language proficiency.
Working Environment: The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with hybrid (in person) office and remote work environment.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please DO NOT include your photograph or salary history with your resume or CV submission.