International Rescue Committee
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Reporting to the Supply Chain Officer you are required to provide all necessary Supply chain supports to the field project activities in the Kenya program and proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to IRC’s Supply chain procedures.
- The Supply Chain Assistant will work under the supervision of the Supply Chain Officer and should be a strong team member who can assist in the continued development of the Supply Chain team and contribute to the further effective running of IRC activities in Nairobi. She/he will be based in Nairobi and will be responsible for the effective management of the warehouse staff and assets. The Supply Chain Assistant is a key position within Supply Chain and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC’s Supply Chain system. Supply Chain must be able to rapidly response to the programs and operation’s needs, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records. Specific responsibilities include.
- Manage all staff employed in the Supply Chain Warehouse and Assets Department supporting operations for Kenya Program by assigning of duties through Delegation, monitoring the performance and regularly evaluating staff directly supervised by him /her.
- Ensure there is an adequate and neatly organized filling system for waybills, inventory records, assets database, properties, and other relevant supply chain records.
Supply Chain Activities.
To ensure all Supply Chain activities are carried out to a satisfactory standard.
- To ensure that the necessary Warehouse and Assets activities are affected for all projects.
- To familiarize yourself with the IRC Global Supply Chain Manual for warehouse and Assets and comply with the policies outlined in the Manual in terms of the documentation, policies, and procedures.
- To complete required reports and submit weekly and monthly logistic reports in good time to the Supply Chain Officer.
- Ensure that all the warehouses are well maintained.
- Ensure that updating stock records is done daily on the Integra system, Bin cards and stock cards.
- Ensure close follow up on cool boxes, mail bags, assets for repairs from field sites and are shipped back to ensure efficiency in the continuity of program activities.
- Make sure that you generate delivery report/Good received Notes/product receipts form for all the items that are locally delivered.
- Proper management of stock by applying the FEFO and FIFO rule.
- Proper management of the cold chain supplies
- Ensure that all stores’ procedures are followed by all staff.
- Ensure that there is Controlled access to all IRC stores and ensure that stores premises are secure.
- Ensure that the filing system for stores is well maintained.
- Ensure that an efficient storage and inventory system is maintained.
- Prepare and review monthly inventory reports.
- Ensure that an update office, residence, and stores inventory is done monthly.
- Ensure that all Logistics Policies and Procedures are followed and adhered to in all transactions.
- Carry out periodic training reviews with all logistics staff.
Assets and Equipment Management.
- Ensure that an updated asset register and properties are maintained monthly.
- Ensure that the updated assets inventory sheets and Integra are well maintained.
- Ensure that all IRC assets and equipment are well maintained.
- Ensure that all assets that are allocated to individuals are signed off equipment issue form.
- Ensure that all IRC premises are well maintained.
- Ensure that the movement of IRC assets is tracked, and the necessary documentation is done when an asset changes its status.
- Ensure that an up-to-date filing system for all assets is maintained.
- Review all monthly asset reports.
- Recommend assets for disposal and ensure that the necessary paperwork is prepared.
- To attend meetings when requested by the Supply Chain Officer.
- To Act on the procurement, Transport and Admin, when necessary, as requested by your supervisor.
- To maintain confidentiality.
- To continually strive to improve working methods, practices and working relationships within IRC.
- To promote an atmosphere of co-operation and team spirit among IRC staff.
- To always carry out all duties responsibly and act in a professional manner.
- Warehouse Monthly report
- Inventory Report
- Any other Warehouse reports required by supply chain coordinator or direct supervisor.
- Assets inventory report
- Assets Monthly Report
- Disposal plans
- Any other Assets reports required by supply chain coordinator or direct supervisor.
- Degree in procurement, Supply Chain/Logistics management or any other relevant field in Supply Chain. A CIPS Graduate Diploma will be an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in a busy supply Chain/warehousing context preferably INGO environment
- Thorough method of working with ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions.
- Management ability to lead, motivate and develop staff.
- Positive attitude with good sense of humor.
- Committed team player.
- Ability to sometimes live and work in isolated areas and in conditions of limited comfort.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel etc. ).
You must be logged in to post a comment.