Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Define, plan, and implement the Program and policies of the Regional Bureau so that its different components provide, through well-led and managed projects, quality a) specialized and b) operational police support in a timely manner both in specialized crime and regional and national specialization; and maintain an in-depth knowledge covering a wide range and scope of important of police matters. This police support will include training and investigative support to INTERPOL’s Member Countries on specific high profile crime areas, as well as operational and administrative services for their regional and national crime fighting activities as required.
Main activities as part of duty 1:
- Perform a wide range of managerial activities related to the coordination and supervision of the Regional Bureau, including, but not limited to, program and project management, personnel, financial planning, strategic and operational decision making, and policy issues.
- Maintain all policy objectives, working methods, and procedures and high level techniques under review and conduct changes to enhance the efficiency or effectiveness of the Regional Bureau.
- Provide regular and timely ad-hoc reporting to the Director on the activities of the Regional Bureau.
- Prepare annual Program work plans for the Regional Bureau along with sufficient details to enable appropriate staffing and budgetary planning proposals to the Director.
- Prepare and/or direct and supervise the preparation of project initiation documents, project plans, project outcomes and performance measurement.
- Ensure all tasks assigned by the Director, Executive Director or the Secretary General, (including issues arising from General Assembly, Resolutions, recommendations of Regional Conferences, and action plans) that are assigned within the programmed projects of the Regional Bureau are managed and overseen and that they receive appropriate priority and handling from the Regional Bureau.
- Initiate, coordinate, and ensure that the Regional Bureau will, in a timely manner, identify existing and emerging crime related issues and provide managed project-based solutions for the international law enforcement community and establish regular status reports of the Regional Bureau’s activities for the Director and regular reporting on the outcomes of projects to the Executive Directors.
Main activities as part of duty 2:
- Develop and implement a process for determining Regional Bureau priorities within the range of projects under the Regional Bureau Program to be assessed against the strategic priorities of INTERPOL, the Executive Directorate for Police Services and the Directorate itself. Working in cooperation with the Director, and the Executive Director, develop, oversee, and manage the execution of priority projects within the Regional Bureau and all staff working on those projects.
- Ensure that staff of the Regional Bureau receive clear and timely instructions regarding internal management decisions and the expectations of the Director, the Executive Director and the Secretary General.
- Continuously follow-up on the progress and results of on-going projects and provide accurate and timely advice and guidance to the Director.
- Ensure effective liaison arrangements exist and are practiced between the Regional Bureau and all its project teams and with other Directorates within the General Secretariat.
- Ensure that all police information referred for advice or exploitation to be entered into the Criminal Information System and/or be the subject of a publication, is processed in an expeditious manner and according to the Organization’s various rules pertaining to the use and safeguarding of police information.
- Make recommendations to the Director regarding recruitment, staffing, and budget requirements, to ensure that the Regional Bureau is staffed at an appropriate level and maintains the correct range of skills to support the strategic role of the Regional Bureau’s program and projects.
- Assist the Director in the continuous development of the Directorate and the INTERPOL Organization.
Main activities as part of duty 3:
- Continuously manage, review, evaluate, thoroughly analyse and correct key processes within the Regional Bureau in order to keep pace with the changing criminal, social and geopolitical environment. Make clear, accurate, and timely recommendations to the Director and Executive Director regarding key processes.
- Determine and coordinate the proper functioning of the Regional Bureau at all levels of management within the Directorate and the Executive Directorate for Police Services.
- Develop and maintain effective contacts with other Regional Bureaus, Sub-Directorates and Directorates of the General Secretariat, including leading or participating (as an expert in a field) in expert Working Groups, RBs, NCBs and other regional, national and international institutions outside the Organization, as directed, and represent the Directorate and General Secretariat in meetings and other fora when called upon to do so.
Main activities as part of duty 4:
- Liaise effectively and efficiently with all other Programs and units within the Directorate,
- Executive Directorate for Police Services, and the General Secretariat to ensure that there is acommon understanding of policy and project issues and procedures through timely and appropriate cooperation and information sharing.
- Maintain close and effective working relationships outside the Regional Bureau, the Directorate, the Executive Directorate for Police Services and the General Secretariat, such as Police Chiefs, NCBs, and other regional, national and international institutions, under the general guidance of the Director and Executive Director.
- Could be required to either lead or participate as an expert in internal expert Working Groups aimed at proposing high level operational/regional/specialized crime expertise on some processes to be addressed internally or in co-operation with Member Countries.
- Act on behalf of the Director, in his absence, and when required, at organizational as well as international conferences and meetings.
Main activities as part of duty 5:
- Accurately represent the views and opinions of the Director and Executive Director at meetings, both inside and outside the Directorate and General Secretariat.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities delegated by the Director and ensure that all advice, decisions and issues on policy, programs and projects is consistent with INTERPOL policy and the directions of the Director and Executive Director.
- Perform all other functions, duties, and responsibilities that may be directed by the Director and Executive Director to ensure the smooth functioning of the Regional Bureau’s programs and projects.
- When called upon, and under the guidance of the Director, brief media representatives on issues pertaining to the specialized and technical work of programs and projects within the Regional Bureau or as otherwise required.
- Seek self-developed and independent solutions, resulting from in-depth analysis on Regional Bureau issues, and provide them as recommendations for projects, activities and missions for the Regional Bureau to be undertaken, and prepare accurate and timely reports on action taken.
Main activities as part of duty 6:
- Provide sound and accurate advice and recommendations regarding the correct and efficient utilization of the Regional Bureau’s financial and staffing resources.
- Provide and manage an in-depth analysis on specific projects, activities and missions to be undertaken by the Regional Bureau in accordance with the strategic framework of the Regional Bureau’s programs and make appropriate recommendations to the Director and the Executive Director.
- Generally, maintain a detailed knowledge of the activities, strategies and tactical objectives and outcomes of project leaders and project teams under his/her direct supervision.
Main activities as part of duty 7:
- Perform all duties assigned by the Director and Executive Director in the manner prescribed.
- Perform all other duties assigned by the Director in a manner, which is consistent with thepolicies of the Organization and direction of the Director and Executive Director.
- Carry out all other duties as may be directed by the hierarchy.
- Please only include professional experience for which you can provide official proof of employment (i.e. pay-slip indicating your functional title, work certificates, etc.). You could be asked to provide copies of such documents prior to interviews/tests. Any discrepancies found between the information stated in any of your application documents and the evidence of employment provided, will be considered misrepresentation and may lead to your disqualification from this selection procedure. This is especially important for your current and previous functional titles (they need to be exactly the same as the one in your contractual agreement), exact dates of employment, description of responsibilities and achievements, reason(s) for leaving andpart-time work.
- All candidates will be assessed on the under mentioned requirements.
- University degree (preferably in Law, Public Policy or Police Management)
- Law enforcement training at senior level.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in highly specialized criminal investigations including regional and national expertise/operational police support.
- Sound background in the management of strategic programs and projects and their performance monitoring, measurement and reporting.
- Experience as a Senior Manager of a national law enforcement agency or an equivalent position in an international law enforcement organization.
- Experience in planning and managing complex tasks, with only minimum supervision.
- Experience working in an international environment would be highly desirable; either from employment in an international organization or from participating in e.g. international working groups, joint international projects, etc.
- Professional fluency in English and French is required.
- Proficiency in a third official language of the Organization would be an additional asset.
Specific skills required.
- Background in the use of computer systems.
- Strong leadership qualities and solid presentation and communication skills are required.
Special aptitudes required.
- Personal and professional maturity.
- Ability to maintain objectivity and apply logical, specifically inductive, reasoning.
- Ability to work in teams as well as individually.
- Very strong communication skills, both in written and oral form.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good social, specifically multicultural, skills.
- Initiative, creativity (original thinking) and curiosity.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional networks.
- Ability to synthesize.
- To apply
You must be logged in to post a comment.