Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Investigator will be responsible for the following duties:
- Plans, organizes, conducts and manages investigations of alleged misconduct, malfeasance, mismanagement, fraud, corruption, waste of resources, sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and violations of United Nations regulations and rules;
- Leads and supervises a team or teams of investigators and coordinates the investigative activities of team members; defines the parameters and timetable of an investigation;
- Decides on the investigative tools to be employed; gathers evidence; prepares testimony for tribunals; obtains and reviews pertinent documentation;
- Conducts interviews and takes statements; analyses facts, determines findings and formulates recommended corrective measures and related disciplinary and jurisdictional actions; draft investigation reports and communications;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals in accordance with ID/OIOS standard operating procedures and in compliance with organizational regulations and rules;
- Manages financial resources and logistics of the unit, evaluates performance of supervisees;
- Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting; and
- Performs other duties as required.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to administrative and criminal investigations; Knowledge of various research methodologies and sources, including electronic sources on the Internet, intranet and other databases. Ability to identify and analyze problems/issues and participate in their resolution; Proved ability to gather evidence and interview subjects and witnesses; Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work. The ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management.
- COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve Organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; Places team agenda before personal agenda; Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- LEADERSHIP: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow; empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change and improvements; does not accept the status quo; shows the courage to take unpopular stands.
- MANAGING PERFORMANCE: Delegates the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority; Makes sure that roles, responsibilities and reporting lines are clear to each staff member; Accurately judges the amount of time and resources needed to accomplish a task and matches task to skills; Monitors progress against milestones and deadlines; Regularly discusses performance and provides feedback and coaching to staff; Encourages risk-taking and supports creativity and initiative; Actively supports the development and career aspirations of staff; Appraises performance fairly.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in law or a field related to investigations. A first-level university degree in law or a field related to investigations in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Successful completion of programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science is an advantage.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in investigatory work is required.
- Experience in interviewing subjects and witnesses in the furtherance of investigations is required.
- Experience with international investigation activities is required.
- Experience in investigation management and administration, together with supervisory functions, is required.
- Experience with an international or multilateral public institution is desirable.
- 2 years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another United Nations official language is desirable.
Closing Date: 30 September 2023