Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
DUE DILIGENCE AND INVESTMENT PREPARATION (60%):
- Respond to inquiries from prospective borrowers; support them to apply for our facility/investment products.
- Introduce the investment products to entrepreneurs, explaining the requirements for repayment and the seriousness of taking on debt financing.
- Conducts investment appraisal, collects detailed information (personal, business, and guaranties), and arranges to open new investment account.
- Prepares and executes investment contracts and arranges for disbursement of investment in kind.
- Conduct due diligence on prospective borrowers, including site visits, document preparation, coordination with the Business Development Advisors and Business Associates, etc.
- Communicate all materials to the Portfolio Manager, and assist in preparing credit reports for Investment Committee meetings.
- Take photos of entrepreneurs, have them sign photo waivers, and ensure entrepreneurs’ stories are posted on the Kiva platform for fundraising with all correct information.
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT (20%)
- Offer excellent customer service through daily conversations, correspondence, and site visits as needed to maintain strong positive relationships with borrowers.
- Work with the Inkomoko Kenya Business Development Services team to ensure borrower success, and Visit clients for monitoring.
- Maintain both delinquency and default rates below set rates during yearly goal setting,
- Track information about borrowers and communicate effectively with key stakeholders about client status.
- Actively participate as key staff in the weekly Portfolio Review Meeting.
- Maintain a tracking system of borrower payments and contact information.
- Work with the Finance& Admin team to produce invoices for payments and monthly reconciliation of investment department transactions.
- Interact with government leaders, court systems, and others for follow-up on lack of payments.
- Ensure that we are adhering to the requirements of our Kiva partnership, including reporting and journaling.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (20%)
- Update both disbursements and investment repayments in the Investment Management System (LMS-powered by Odoo)
- Maintain and demonstrate proficiency with investment software applications
- Work with system providers to utilize applications to their fullest capacity, streamlining processes and procedures, ensuring accuracy and compliance
- Assist with system parameters and design to meet the needs of multiple departments.
- Manage user security access
- Ensure proper segregation of duties, develop and maintain workflows for all stages of investment
- Advise the Management team on how to automate key lending processes
- Supervise all aspects of the investment operations. This supervision includes posting payments, payoffs, and balancing, disbursing investment funds
- Ensure the lending team is provided with updates and procedural changes
- Participates in the review and recommendations of operational systems and procedures
- Successfully interact with lending staff to improve the accuracy and efficiencies of the Investment management system
- Prepare related reports and administer the system
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The investment officer will be a trusted partner of Inkomoko Kenya clients and basic qualification include:
- University degree in Finance or other related fields
- Must speak fluent English and Swahili. Knowledge of other local languages is a plus
- Experience in group savings and group lending investments is preferred
- Experience in Islamic lending and practice is STRONGLY preferred
- Strong financial and accounting skills; familiarity with business financial policies in Turkana/Kenya
- Experience in investment management, microfinance, capital leases, and access to finance for Micro businesses and SMEs is STRONGLY preferred
- Prior experience dealing with customers/debt
- Prior experience in a lending environment
- Experience providing business advice to entrepreneurs
- Prior experience in Investment management system software
- Decisive individuals with the ability to deliver unpleasant messages to the debtors and assertive enough to get the debtors to pay off the entire debt
- Experience in managing difficult clients and reaching positive outcomes
- Very strong attention to detail and good follow-through
- Comfort with the civil court system and previous experience in litigation preferred
- Unrelenting perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills
- 2+ years of work experience in relevant or applicable field
- Must be able to work in Kenya legally.
What You’ll Get
This role is inside a high-growth, mission-driven social enterprise. By joining, you’ll access:
- Competitive salary, and potential KPI-based bonus
- Incredible company culture, including deep investment in your learning and growth
- Diverse colleagues and policies that show our commitment to equity and inclusion
- Talented, passionate, and committed team colleagues across the region
- Ability to make a significant social impact to your community
- Generous health insurance, staff savings, parental leave, sabbatical, and more benefits.
Closing Date for Applications 30th September 2023