Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Accounts Payables Officer is in charge of recording transactions, payments and expenses, processing invoices, monitoring on overdue payments and ensure that a supplier(s) invoices and payments match up. The role is also tasked with budgeting, purchases of stock, costing for imported and local items. Generation of company accounting documents, bank reconciliations, management of creditors , preparation of management reports, proper book keeping, statutory payments and financial and statutory audit. Preparation of company budgets. Offer finance and control advisory services to the management.
- Basic Accounting
- Preparation of annual budget
- Updating of ledger accounts
- Acting as liaison between company and external auditors
- Handle audit queries from external auditors
- Handle all audit queries from statutory bodies (KRA, NHIF, NSSF NITA and Ministry of Labor payments)
- Creditors accounts reports on weekly basis or when and as needed
- Generation of trial balances on quarterly basis (income expenses, balance sheet statement and cash flow projections
- Maintenance of liability register
- Actual posting of entries in the correct category
- Acting as liaison officer between the company and the government by generating and making statutory payments at the required timeline (NSSF NHIF PAYE NITA WIBA & Standard levy
- Application, generation and follow up of statutory compliance certificates
- Preparation of required documents for statutory audit i.e NEMA, Fire, Health and Safety audit.
- Preparation and calculation and deduction of VAT (WHT & VWHT) and submission through I tax
- Preparation and presentation of financial reports for creditors
- Unit costing for imports
- Opening of new vendor accounts on the system.
- Budgeting and financial planning
- Attend to all internal project meetings
- In charge of credit control and customer/supplier relationship
- Petty cash usage verification
- Submission of payroll statutory deduction returns and payments including NSSF, NHIF, NITA and PAYE based on HR payroll output.
- Opening of supplier files
- Generation of supplier Statements
- Annual stock taking and valuation of company assets in liaison with the store keeper
- Preparation of payment voucher with relevant attachments and documentation
- Approve delivery of project items.
- Request for credit notes for returned items from supplies
- Acting as link between the company and suppliers.
- Any other tasks and duties as may be assigned
- Operations Director
- Sales Director
- Finance & Admin Director
- Inventory Officer
- Other team members
- Relevant service/ product suppliers
- Government agencies
Skill & Experience
- 2- 3 years relevant experience
- Proven ability as an Accountant or a similar role in the Accounting Department.
- Knowledge of Management Accounting, Projects accounts, costing accounts, Public Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Outstanding knowledge of various accounting tools and software’s.
- Strong logical thinking skills
- Analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Methodical and numeracy skills.
- Budgetary skills
- Leadership skills.
- Planning and organizing skills.
Education and professional memberships
- Candidates must possess CPA (K), Bachelor’s Degree in Accounts/Finance/Business will be an added advantage.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of an accounting system.
Method of Application
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly send your detailed CV quoting the job title on the email subject “Accounts Payables Officer” indicating preferred region to: firstname.lastname@example.org.