Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Job Ref. No. JFSL006
Position: Manager, Retail Distribution
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA-in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Manager, Retail Distribution within Jubilee Financial Services Limited.
The position holder will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
This is a senior strategic leadership role responsible for shaping the strategy and developing and managing a strong distribution network for the Retail Business. Working with other business unit leaders, this role will also contribute to the development of a robust product strategy for the retail business and the recruitment, training, and management of a team of dedicated/tied and independent Financial Advisors.
The role holder will be responsible for creating and execute innovative strategies to drive sales of investment funds and deliver on the target growth in revenues and profitability.
- Craft the retail solutions value proposition by product and customer segment.
- Partner with the Heads of Department to create the product strategy including pricing strategies, features, priorities, etc.
- Lead, design, and own the retail solutions sales strategy and its impact to revenue generation, earnings, and profitability.
- Synthesize changing customer/market conditions, priorities and “on-the-ground” experience to continually adjust sales strategy.
- Organize and implement initiatives geared towards improving client relations through client satisfaction surveys, product awareness sessions and development activities.
- Play a senior role in managing client relationships and negotiating and closing sales with the largest and/or most important clients and prospects.
- Actively participate in the development, implementation and execution of strategic marketing plans including forecasting, market research and development of market literature, sales tools, and promotional programs in support of the Retail business strategy.
- Lead the development of customer segment strategies that defines value proposition, service levels and production offerings.
- Prepare proposals, budgets and implement promotional and market activation plans in line with the approved strategy.
- Develop and implement market segmentation plans.
- Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing Team to develop and establish a sustained corporate publicity program that includes, but not limited to, advertising campaigns, development of appropriate marketing collaterals, product literature, product launches and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities.
- Educate both dedicated/tied Financial Advisors and Independent Financial Advisors on all investment products and services including selling and marketing techniques.
- Maximize customer retention through deployment of account management strategies and ensure delivery of consistent customer experience.
Recruit, train and develop a highly productive team of dedicated/tied Financial Advisors and Independent Financial Advisors.
- Continuously manage the team of Financial Advisors to ensure high level of productivity and that all sales and production targets are met and exceeded.
- Expand distribution of the retail business by engaging established and emerging potential intermediaries and clients.
- Drive development of creative marketing programs to expand customer base and increase market share.
- Attract, train, mentor and lead a highly motivated, energetic, and high achieving Financial Advisors.
- Guide the Financial Advisors toward achieving and exceeding results by providing them with clear direction, objectives, honest feedback, and recognition for results.
- Oversee training of Financial Advisors on prospecting and closing techniques, client management, work procedures and Company policies to ensure provision of outstanding client service.
- Hold regular meetings, discussions, and consultations with the Financial Advisors to ensure that any hindrances to job performance are addressed.
- Appraise Financial Advisors on job performance and handle any performance issues that may arise.
- Continuous development of personal skill set by participating in in-house learning programs (including e-learning), industry related courses and seminars as deemed necessary to expand product and sales knowledge.
- Understand and actively support and advocate Jubilee’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Set the standards for individual performance, metrics, and goals to contribute to the overall success of the department and Company
- Strong business acumen
- In-depth product and broad investment knowledge
- Strong Leadership skills
- High Levels of Customer Centricity
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Industry Knowledge – well versed with product knowledge and industry trends.
- Strong sales and marketing skills
- Visionary Leadership
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Minimum academic qualification is a university undergraduate Degree in a business-related field.
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a Sales related role is desirable.
- Professional Qualification in Marketing or Sales is an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the distribution of investment products with an in-depth knowledge of the retail market.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience managing a Financial Advisory or Sales Team distributing investment products.
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 30th January 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.