Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
To oversee operations of the section of the kitchen, supervise and direct a team of cooks, coordinate food preparation activities and ensure that they execute their tasks professionally following the laid down SOPs, prepare meals within the guidelines provided, follow the recipes, ensuring consistency, standardization and maintaining the approved food cost guidelines and food presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for production of quality food.
- Conduct and guide meal preparation activities.
- Work closely with other kitchen staff to ensure food production is within the set time.
- Prepare staff work schedule to ensure there is sufficient manpower throughout the shifts.
- Supervise weekly general cleaning to ensure cleanliness and hygiene is to the set standards.
- Train existing and new staff.
- Ensure consistency of food quality, quantity, portioning, and presentation.
- Assist the Sous Chef in menu planning.
- Assist in preparation of mise en place
- Lead the team in compliance in HACCP and ISO requirements.
- Report any malfunctioning equipment to the maintenance department and ensure repairs are done on time.
- Lead in stock taking of food items and kitchen equipment.
- Place requisitions for consumable supplies for the kitchen section.
- Assist in the inventory control in the kitchen.
- Take part in outside catering events and functions as may be required.
- Ensure proper labelling of food products in the kitchen.
- Inspection of raw materials using requisition book with batch numbers, expiry dates, using the set criteria.
- Inspect food storage areas for condition of foods, expiry, and production dates.
- Practise segregation of food to avoid cross contamination.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma or Degree in Food production/Culinary Arts.
- 4 years experience as a chef in a busy kitchen of a reputable establishment.
- Demonstrated experience in hot and cold kitchen.
- Training in food hygiene and safety (HACCP)/ISO
- Strong team player with excellent people skills.
- Demonstrated creativity and passionate in culinary arts.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send their updated CVs and application letters to email@example.com by 5.00 pm on 5th April 2023 with the email subject – Chef de Partie. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You must be logged in to post a comment.