IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Cybersecurity Specialist – Threat Hunting
The Cybersecurity Specialist, Threat Hunting is responsible for analysing, improving, implementing, and executing security controls proactively to prevent external threat actors from infiltrating Bank information or systems. The overarching goal of the position is to seek out, identify, neutralise, evict, and prevent the re-entry of resident threat actors in the Bank’s networks, information systems, and technological ecosystems.
- Identify advanced threats, track the same, and mitigate them before organisational IT systems are attacked.
- Continuously detect, analyse, and combat advanced cyber threats. Detect vulnerabilities and mitigate the associated cybersecurity risk before it affects the Bank.
- Search for evidence of active threats within the Bank’s technological environment that may have bypassed both preventative and detective controls using the latest threat hunting tools and techniques.
- Continuously strengthen the Bank’s cybersecurity posture through research, threat simulations, threat hunting, and offensive security engagements.
- Work with the wider Cybersecurity Intelligence Security Operations Centre (CISOC) technical teams to gain insight into critical information security controls and architecture specifics to develop effective threat hunting strategies and analytics that identify malicious behaviour accurately while maintaining a low false positive rate.
- Analyse and correlate large data sets to uncover novel threats and attack techniques that may be present within the Bank’s environments.
- Collaborate with Security and Threat Monitoring, Threat Intelligence, and Incident Response Specialists to identify opportunities to develop analytical methods to detect advanced threat actors who utilise emerging tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Develop and document new and innovative threat hunt hypotheses and methodologies to augment the team’s ability to find existing or new cyber threats that are otherwise going unidentified or unnoticed.
- Act a thought leader in the design of cutting-edge detective, preventative, and proactive controls.
For the above position, the successful applicant should meet the following criteria:
- Information Technology / Computer Science / Telecommunications / Engineering / (Electrical, Electronic) or related field
- Security certification such as Certified SOC Analyst (CSA),Certified Incident Handler (E|CIH),GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA,GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH),GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA),GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM),Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA),Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP),Certified Information Security Manager (CISM),Security+,Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Technology with at least 2 years’ experience in Cybersecurity and Security Operations Centre / Security Monitoring / Endpoint Detection and Response / Network Detection and Response.
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday 2nd December 2022.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.