Principal Legal Counsel, Governance & Shared Services
- Coordination of board meetings including ensuring board papers are presented in a timely manner.
- Timely recording of minutes at directors and shareholder meetings.
- Maintenance of statutory registers of directors and shareholders.
- Supporting Group wide legislative and policy and procedures compliance requirements for the subsidiary boards.
- Support in ensuring Group wide compliance with continuing obligations under the listing rules and related regulatory requirements.
- Continuous review of governance documents (charters, policies, TORs) to ensure these are up to date and remain relevant.
- Supporting in the Group wide board evaluation and training.
- Supporting in regulatory compliance and reporting (CMA, CDSE, IRA, NSE).
- Coordination and support of subsidiary legal activities.
- Subsidiary corporate records regulatory compliance.
- Co-ordination of subsidiary legal risk & compliance activities.
- Any other duties as may be required.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Law or CPS.
- Master’s degree in Law will be an added advantage.
- 8 years’ post – admission experience.
- 6 years’ experience in Legal Drafting.
- 5 years’ experience in Legal Communication, Advocacy and Risk Management.
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 27th January 2023.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.