Principal Legal Counsel, Risk & Compliance
- Legislation and regulation analysis (review and analysis, preparation of position statements, business advisory, compliance tracking). Consolidation of analysis of legislation and advisory statements (position statements and resultant action matrix).
- Legal risk and compliance advisory (on business activities, projects, procedures and policies).
- Overall management of risk related divisional activities (DORCCO, KRIs. RCSA. KCSA, Ethics Compliance, BIA, RVA, BCP & disaster recovery, audit tracker and crisis management).
- Regulatory issues management (review and analysis and position statements on regulatory compliance – CBK, CMA, CA, IRA, RBA, CAK, KAMP, PRISK).
- Intellectual Property (IP): register and maintain data/information on service marks, trademarks, logos for KCB Group. Handle disputes arising thereof (e.g. infringements of IP and/or Copyrights). Intellectual property registration and life cycle management.
- Case law management (internal and external case law and legal opinions).
- Policies, procedures and standards (including process flows, templates and forms) (creation, maintenance, versioning and retirement).
- Management of authorities and authority limits (powers of attorney, authority limits sign off requirements, expenses, file processes and consent judgments).
- Preparation and dissemination of practice notes, FAQs and training materials and guidelines.
- Any other duties assigned.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Law.
- Should be an advocate of the High Court.
- 8 years post admission experience.
- Experience in legal drafting, corporate and commercial law, dispute resolution and legal risk management.
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 27th January 2023.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.