Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Reporting to the Training Manager, the trainee will be responsible for learning and familiarizing with various activities and operations within their departments. He/ She will be required to uphold company policies and requirements at all times.
Under the supervision of the Departmental Trainer and Training Manager, the trainee shall learn to:
- Ensure that mechanical technicians adhere to set working hours.
- Submit FF&E requirement to the Plant room/supervisor/Assistant /Chief Engineer.
- Ensure that quality workmanship is observed.
- Ensure quick and permanent solutions are implemented to avert re-occurrences.
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance for machines and equipment.
- Ensure close and hands on supervision of mechanical technicians.
- Plan and schedule maintenance of equipment without interfering with the normal operations and depending on the urgency.
- Perform daily check for Laundry and Kitchen Equipment.
- Ensure that the preventive maintenance is done as scheduled.
- Advise storekeeper on what items are required in the store.
- Ensure that quality are items delivered.
- Ensure minimal wastage of materials.
- Have a working knowledge of Department Brand Standards to ensure compliance.
- Have working Knowledge of HVAC/Electrical and MEP Installations
- Ensure HACCP and COSHH policies are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure all equipment and machines are working and in good condition
- Ensure periodic testing and service of equipment is done.
- Take a daily record of all the electrical meters reading and submit to plant room technician for preparation of daily utility report
- Ensure all hazardous installations/ equipment are isolated, warning signs indicating e.g. Out of order, Do not operate are in place.
- Comply with all Kempinski International company policies.
- Comply with all systems and procedures as laid down by Chief Engineer.
- Replace all the burnt-out bulbs within the premises
- Inspect all public areas for any electric faults against the checklists
- Cary out minor electrical installation within the building
- Service and repair of electrical equipment
- Facilitate guest rooms and property maintenance
- Perform the right treatment of boilers and swimming pool water and keep a record of the water condition in the two systems.
- Monitor the effects of servicing and maintenance of plant equipment’s
- Receive fuel (AGO & LPG) and keep records of the same.
- Prepare Daily Utility consumption report.
- Ensure that there are no fuels, gas, and water, steam leaks in plant room the premises.
- Ensure proper chemical treatment of boiler make-up water and keep record of water condition in the system.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Degree/ Diploma in an engineering course from a recognized learning institution
- No work experience is required
- Less than one year since completion (2021/2022)
- Kenyan Citizen
- Completed coursework (If even if not graduated)
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Excellent grooming skills and must be well versed in professional and personal etiquette
- Good Communication skills
- Out going with a positive learning attitude.
You must be logged in to post a comment.