Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
KANCO is looking to recruit a detail-oriented, results-driven, and innovative Monitoring and Evaluation Officer with experience to provide programmatic support in the monitoring and evaluation process for various projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities of the project and ensure all the requirements for reporting are met.
- Provide technical support for all research work under the project, and guide in the preparation of reports and dissemination of evidence and data.
- Work closely with all technical program teams to improve program quality through improved data management systems and processes, act as a focal point for all project evaluations and lead the Design, Monitoring, and Evaluation (DM&E) processes and gathering of evidence of the program.
- Work with the project County Coordinators to ensure the collection of relevant data needed for an effective M&E system that will be utilized in monitoring strengths, weaknesses, gaps, and opportunities in the projects and for reporting on partnership commitments.
- Collaboratively prepare and submit accurate and timely reports, to project stakeholders.
- Conduct data quality assessments in collaboration with the project partners to verify the data submitted by County coordinators and ensure that the data reflects the reality on the ground.
- Undertake regular monitoring and technical support visits to the select Counties to assess progress against approved plans, and provide feedback and recommendations for timely improvement.
- Build effective working relationships with project stakeholders, engaging them at each project stage, ensuring communications have appropriate content and tone.
- Anticipate project risks and issues, communicate to Project Implementation Lead and Stakeholders, and seek solutions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, Monitoring & Evaluation, demography, Biostatistics/Health Records and Information or a related field with IT skills
- Knowledge and experience in using statistical packages for analyzing complex datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc) and generation of information for decision making.
- Demonstrated ability on designing and maintaining data collection tools in mobile platforms e.g. ODK Collect and KOBO Collect.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities or a similar role.
- Proven experience in establishing M&E systems, logical and result in frameworks for programs with demonstrated strong database management and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Computer skills: Hands-on competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Ability to maintain high standards of personal integrity, establishing productive relationships.
- Ability to work well and collaboratively with a team, lead own work, and disseminate information on a timely basis.
- Facilitation and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English & Kiswahili is essential
- Experience training or coaching others in MEL -related topics.
- People Skills: Good communication skills and experience in explaining project results framework and MEL approach.
- Analytical Skills: The MEL officer should be able to translate data to information that links to project goals, highlight trends and problems identified from the data, and demonstrate results/achievements.
Applications should be sent strictly via e-mail to email@example.com
Application Deadline: COB, 30th September, 2022
Please note that we can only accept applications received by email. Applications received after the deadline time and date will not be accepted.
Please submit a cover letter and a résumé. On the subject line, indicate the title of position applied for.
KANCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against: color, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion or belief, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, HIV/AIDS Status, and disability.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Download the Document here