The Program Officer will be part of a highly efficient and motivated team. This position will be involved in programme development; co-ordination of capacity and movement building initiatives, strategic workshops and consultations; resource development; maintaining and building partnership.
Responsible for providing technical support to field teams for successful planning and implementation of programme activities ensuring management of programs is executed in line with national and international standards and donor guidelines.
Should manage, organize and support all aspects of KANCO’s Programs in line with the health sector priorities and in collaboration with other partners in the sector and other related sectors; including active participation in the health sector coordination for a, other agency liaison, training and supervising staff using techniques and tools available and appropriate to Kenya.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead and manage KANCO’s advocacy through identifying opportunities locally and globally
- Identify policy gaps and take lead in policy advocacy both at the local and global levels
- Liaising with government stakeholders and other partners around opportunities for lobbying for attention to programs.
- Develop training tools.
- Cascade training models
- Increase the profile of KANCO programs among relevant stakeholders who include, CSOs, Government and media.
- Maintain and expand KANCO’s national and global role in various programs.
- Provide overall management of KANCO programs and represent the organization in all technical working groups, meeting and workshops.
- Collate and record data for monitoring and evaluation on programs and ensure timely reporting of project
- Build and strengthen media capacity.
- Be the overall responsible person for development of the project’s work plan, its implementation and programmatic reporting`
- Working with technical support hubs in developing/ consolidating regional expertise.
- Prepare and update of training material, guidelines, information-communication-education (IEC) material, and implementation tools
- Managing completion of project deliverables.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Social sciences
- Experience in developing training tools
- Post graduate studies in Public Health, or a related technical field will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- High sense of integrity and Results oriented.
- Ability to communicate with tact.
- Ability to work independently and accurately.
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English
Applications should be sent strictly via e-mail to email@example.com
Application Deadline: COB, 30th September, 2022
Please note that we can only accept applications received by email. Applications received after the deadline time and date will not be accepted.
Please submit a cover letter and a résumé. On the subject line, indicate the title of position applied for.
KANCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against: color, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion or belief, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, HIV/AIDS Status, and disability.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Download the Document here