Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
The holder of this role will be tasked to design and lead proactive Industrial Relations strategies, policies, processes and procedures that contribute to cordial industrial relations. They will also issue legal opinions to the Company on existing and potential disputes including Court litigation.
This position requires an individual with practical experience in handling legal Employment matters, managing union-based interactions, welfare matters including recommending best practice to enhance employee engagement for productivity.
Principal Accountabilities (KEY Performance areas):
- Develop and modify ER policies and procedures; conduct training, manage and coach team of ER & IR matters.
- Liaison in industrial relations matters – attend periodic Union meetings across the network, conciliation meetings with union and labour officers including negotiations for CBA and act as the Company’s witness where applicable.
- Ensure consistent application of industrial relations policies and procedures as well as monitoring of staff motivation levels with a view of promoting employee satisfaction.
- Create and implement all industrial relations related practices, policies, procedures and strategies with the goal of promoting a positive culture and high employee performance.
- Act as an advisor to the various stakeholders on employment legislation, industrial and labour relations, union matters and all matters pertaining to employee relations
- Monitor and ensure the best interests of the Company are represented and implemented in disputes and Court matters.
- Main liaison to the Legal Department and the entire organization in Employee disputes and Court litigation.
- In conjunction with the other relevant parties in HR, develop, implement, and update Human Resources employment policies and procedures.
- Act as the main liaison with 3rd party legal service providers to ensure protection and promotion of the Company’s best interests legally across the network.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of ER strategy across the business.
- Address conflicts and strive to resolve them in a positive manner that benefits all parties and facilitates healthy work relationships and manage the administration of all discipline/grievance issues as per discipline /grievance procedure.
- Listen to and address employee concerns, resolve employee issues and handle complaints to protect the interests of all parties involved and encourage a supportive atmosphere in the workplace.
- Assist in taking proactive measures, based on internal data, changes in employment law, and ER company policies, to ensure education is provided to the appropriate audiences with the goal of minimizing legal risk and preventing the unfair treatment of employee
- Assist the ER manager in coordination of disciplinary procedures and systems; handling disciplinary cases; attending to disciplinary hearings, confirming minutes and issuing verdicts with minimal litigation.
- Design programs to ensure the fair treatment of employees and effective communication between employees and managers and provide guidance to line managers on behavior management and effective counselling to staff.
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
- University degree – Bachelor’s degree in HR /Law/ Business Administration or related field.
- Additional qualifications in Employee or Industrial Relations would be an added advantage.
- Member of IHRM.
- 5 years’ experience managing HR processes in a labour intensive industry and 2 years must experience specifically in labour and industrial relations management.
- Interpersonal skills – essential to identifying the needs of employees and management.
- Knack of problem-solving – devise solutions to issues that arise in the workplace.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills – effectively influence all stake holders in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behavior change.
- Communication skills – ability to listen and understand concerns and provide answers to complex workplace questions.
- Strong analytical skills – to assess situations, make accurate observations and arrive at well informed decisions.
- Resilience – Able to remain calm, stable and in control of themselves in potentially emotional grievance handling and disciplinary.
- Work place pressure – Maintain effective work behavior in the face of setbacks or overwhelming work demands.
- Proficiency – in use of MS office tools.
- Knowledge of Labour /Employment law and its practical application.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practice of employee involvement and industrial relations.
- Good awareness of the internal and external industrial environment and successful adaptation to changing demands and conditions of ER landscape.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant retail policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
How to apply:
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit a copy your detailed Curriculum Vitae here on LinkedIn only by Friday, 30th September2022.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.