Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
About the job
Job Title: Manager – Standards & Contracts
The ideal candidate will be responsible for development, management and maintenance of the security standards, procedures and practices, to ensure compliance with company policy and regulatory requirements.
Principal Accountabilities (KEY Performance areas):
- Developing, implementing and maintaining security standards, procedures and practices, for the purpose of determining and monitoring compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Determining the adequacy and effectiveness of control security measures through audits, tests, surveys and inspections.
- Conducting regular reviews of the Company Security Programme, Regulated Agent Security Programe, and the Ground Handler Security Programme vis-a-vis regulatory requirements, industry standards and best practice, to safeguard against acts of unlawful interference and to mitigate against emerging aviation security threats.
- Ensuring that contractual agreements with external service providers identify measurable specifications that can be monitored, to ensure requirements that affect the security of Kenya Airways’ operations are being fulfilled by the service provider.
- Validating that all persons who are assigned aviation security duties or responsibilities are duly trained and/or certified/qualified to carry out the assigned duties.
- Evaluating training and conducting needs assessment for staff involved in the performance of security controls and measures, and monitoring competencies of staff against standards.
- Ensuring all security incidents/acts of unlawful interference are resolved through corrective action plans, which are implemented and monitored.
- Identifying the causes and patterns of non-compliance’s and verifying that corrective actions have been implemented and sustained through follow-up.
- Implement Security Management Systems (SeMS) in order to meet respective regulatory and company requirements.
- Liaising with appropriate stakeholders for the efficient and effective implementation of up-to-date procedures and job instructions for Security operations network-wide and providing necessary guidance and advisory support.
- Providing technical guidance and support in the preparation for internal and external audits by the Regulator and other applicable authorities namely KCAA, DFT, TSA, EU and all States of service (CAAs).
- Ensure timely closure of any audit findings.
- Undertaking research on matters of security interest to provide cutting edge improvements, and in support of the departmental strategic goals.
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
- Relevant University degree
- Relevant professional qualification
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in Aviation Industry
- Knowledge of Security Management Systems (SEMS)
- IT Proficiency
- Experience in Management of Security Operations
- Experience in Conducting Quality Audits
- Experience in Documentation of Procedures
- Security Management Systems Implementation
- Quality Management Systems
- Threat & Risk Management
- Aviation Security Management
- Security Investigations
- Auditors Course
- Aviation Security Performance Management Course (PMC)
How to apply:
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit a copy of your detailed Curriculum Vitae here on LinkedIn only by Friday, 12th August 2022.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.