Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
MANAGER, FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS – JOB GRADE KMC 3 (1 POST)
Reporting to Managing Commissioner, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring prudent management of financial resources and the reporting thereof within the existing legal framework.
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Overseeing the development, implementation and review of financial policies, standards, regulations and procedures;
- Facilitating the development and maintenance of effective, efficient and transparent internal financial controls, financial and accounting systems in compliance with relevant laws and regulations;
- Administering and monitoring the Commission’s budget in accordance with financial management procedures and guidelines;
- Overseeing costing of the Commission’s services;
- Facilitating the preparation of the Commission’s annual budget, Ministerial Public Expenditure Review (MPER) and Mid-Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF);
- Providing professional advice to management on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow and investment;
- Overseeing the maintenance of books of accounts, accountable documents and the Fun’s fixed Asset Register;
- Facilitating external financial audits in the Commission;
- Providing support in the management of internal and external relationships to enhance the Commission’s reputation for providing an accurate and responsive level of service;
- Ensuring that the financial controls and reporting practices are within the Commission’s corporate standards and legal requirements;
- Implementing best practice techniques and technology to achieve
- maximum efficiency and ensure sustained improvements in quality, service, and operating costs;
- Spearheading the development and implementation of the division’s strategic plans, budgets and performance contract;
- Ensuring compliance with good governance; and Managing and developing staff in the division.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)K by Kenya Accountants and Secretaries Examination Board (KASNEB) or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Served in the grade of Assistant Manager or in a comparable and relevant position of which must have been at a senior management level;
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or relevant professional body in good standing;
- Certificate in management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application skills; Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution;
- Demonstrated professional competence and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of national development policies, goals and objectives and ability to integrate them in finance and accounts function.
The envelope should be marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and indicate the REFERENCE NUMBER of the position applied for and be addressed to.
The Managing Commissioner
Kenya Meat Commission
P.O Box 2-00204
Online applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications (Hard/ soft) must be received by close of business 21 April 2023.
Kenya Meat Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.