Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT- JOB GRADE KMC 3 (1 POST)
Reporting to Managing Commissioner, the successful candidate will be responsible for procurement of goods, works and services; evaluation of supplier performance, vendor management, safe storage and disposal of assets in accordance with the provisions of Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and related laws and regulations.
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Overseeing development, implementation and review of supply chain management policies, strategies, plans and programmes;
- Coordinating implementation of public procurement and disposal act and other government regulations relating to supply chain management;
- Coordinating development of annual procurement plans;
- Ensuring prudent and timely execution of contracts;
- Coordinating processing of tenders, market surveys and research;
- Managing pre-qualification of suppliers, inventory and stock control;
- Ensuring compliance with re-order levels for various items;
- Overseeing preparation of supplies expenditure estimates;
- Overseeing disposal of stores and automation of procurement processes;
- Coordinating preparation of annual work plans;
- Spearheading the development and implementation of the Division’s strategic plans, budgets and performance contract;
- Ensuring compliance with good governance and code of ethics; and
- Managing and developing staff in the Division.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Procurement, Supplies Management, Financial Management, Business Administration or equivalent qualification from recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Procurement or Supplies Management, Logistics, Commerce (Supply Chain Management option) or equivalent qualification from recognized institution;
- Served in the grade of Assistant Manager or in a comparable and relevant position, of which must have been at a management level;
- Registered by Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or relevant professional body in good standing;
- Certificate in Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application skills; Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution;
- Demonstrated professional, managerial and administrative competence as reflected in work performance and results; and Exhibited a thorough understanding of national goals, policies, objectives and ability to relate them to proper management of the supply chain management function.
The envelope should be marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and indicate the REFERENCE NUMBER of the position applied for and be addressed to.
The Managing Commissioner
Kenya Meat Commission
P.O Box 2-00204
Online applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications (Hard/ soft) must be received by close of business 21 April 2023.
Kenya Meat Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You must be logged in to post a comment.