IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Title: Measuring the medium-term impact of school-based interventions as girls transition into adulthood (CCG2)
The project is being conducted by the Kenya Medical Research Institute in collaboration with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
This research comprises multi-disciplinary clinical and observational studies among adolescent girls and young women in rural western Kenya. The main project follows-up girls previously enrolled in a trial conducted in Siaya County. It will examine the potential effect of prior trial interventions on participants health, and social equity, maternal outcomes of pregnancy, and perceived value of trial participation and interventions. Candidate will have opportunities to also work on parallel studies conducted by the team.
Position: Clerical Officer (CI) KMR 10 (2 positions)
Location: Kisumu/Siaya County
Reports to: Field Technician
- O-Level secondary education with a minimum grade of a D+ (plus)
- Certificate in HIV counselling and testing
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kiswahili and Dholuo
- Minimum of one-year experience in conducting surveys in a field setting.
- Valid good clinical practice and human subject certificate
- Be a female
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- Identify potential study participants
- Consent and recruit eligible participants
- Conduct project activities under the guidance of a field supervisors e.g. surveys, blood collection and other biological sample collections
- Record collected data on logs and other instruments
- Report outcome of assigned work on a daily basis
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of research data
- Participate in project trainings and meetings
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Terms of Employment: This is a one-year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service. With a probation period in the first 3 months
Remuneration: The salary scale is based on applicable KEMRI salary scale.
Applications must include the following:
- Letter of application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current CV with contact telephone numbers and e-mail address
- Three Reference Letters
- Copies of certificates, transcripts
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply through Deputy Director, CGHR, P. O. Box 1578-40100 Kisumu not later than December 13, 2022.
Please visit the KEMRI web site http://www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted