IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Program description: The Malaria Vaccine Implementation Project (MVIP) Evaluation in Kenya is a collaboration between the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USA (CDC). The vaccine is implemented by the National Vaccines and Immunizations Program (NVIP) in moderate to high malaria transmission settings in eight counties in Western Kenya: Bungoma, Busia, Homa Bay, Kakamega, Kisumu, Migori, Siaya, and Vihiga. The primary objective of this evaluation is to estimate the effect of the routine delivery of RTS, S/AS01 on all-cause mortality in children aged 5-48 1-59 months. Secondary study objectives include evaluation of the safety and feasibility of vaccine implementation in this setting. The Malaria Branch has a vacancy for Data Clerk for the Malaria Vaccine Pilot Evaluation/Case Control study;
Position: Clerical Officer – Data, KMR 10 (1 Position)
Reporting: Data Manager
- O-level Secondary Education with a minimum grade of D+(Plus)
- Certificate in computer applications, especially Windows
- Good English, Swahili and Dholuo, both spoken and written
- Good Clinical practice (GCP) certificate
Desired Skills, knowledge and Abilities
- Attention to details and good work ethics
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
The data clerk will report to data manager and will be responsible for data verification, data entry and management activities.
Specific tasks and responsibilities
The data clerk’s responsibilities shall include and not limited to the following:
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry into the database(s)
- Query resolution arising during data verification and reconciliation in a timely manner
- Work with the Data manager to ensure that data is routinely backed up, and uphold maximum data confidentiality
- Meet data team allocated targets.
- Communicate closely with Data Manager to ensure priority tasks are completed.
- Generating simple reports
- Conduct training of CHVs when required
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the data manager
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Letters of reference from your referees
- Copies of Certificates and transcripts
Terms of Employment: One year (1) renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service with a probation period in the first 3 months.
Remuneration: Compensation is as per KEMRI pay salary scale
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply through Deputy Director, CGHR, P. O. Box 1578-40100 Kisumu on or before December 13, 2022 latest 5.00 p.m.
Please visit the KEMRI web site http://www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI/CDC AND DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.