Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Vacancy No. CVDC/011/03/23
BOHEMIA (Broad One-Health Endectocide-based Malaria Intervention in Africa) is a UNITAID funded project affiliated to the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) conducting a cluster randomized controlled trial (cRCT) to evaluate ivermectin mass drug administration (MDA) to humans and cattle for malaria prevention trial in Kwale county. The project’s local implementing partner is KEMRI, through Kwale and Kilifi KEMRI Centers.
The project is seeking to appoint Clinical Officers to support the team in implementing a robust, multi-faceted cluster randomised controlled trial based in Kwale country.
POSITION: Clinical Officer (2 positions)
Job Grade: KMR 7
REPORTING TO: Clinical trial coordinator, study monitors and principal investigators.
The candidate will be expected to assist the study medical officer (MO) with the safety monitoring of the BOHEMIA clinical trial. The CO will be part of a team of two COs and one MO and they will be responsible for implementing trial safety monitoring, follow-up, documenting, reporting and evaluation of adverse events.
- Follow guidance given by the MO of the BOHEMIA clinical trial;
- Be familiar with the study protocol, procedures, informed consent forms, participant diaries, study medication and dosage, and timeline;
- Obtain all necessary training and participate in study specific trainings;
- Provide training support to field officers or others as required;
- Assist with the establishment of a reporting system between the field staff, the site clinical team and the Sponsor for SAEs and pregnancies;
- Carry out an investigation for every SAE registered and fill out follow up reports;
- Adhere to strict reporting guidelines;
- Assist the clinical trial team during the monitoring visits;
- Address the monitoring team findings of the clinical trial;
- Undertake any other clinical related duties as required by study principal investigator.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine;
- Be registered with relevant authorities and in possession of a valid practicing license;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written;
- Training in Good Clinical Practices and Paediatric Life Support are added advantages.
- Experience in medical research and clinical trials is desirable;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to motivate a team and inspire others;
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills;
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, ability to handle troublesome situations and anticipate issues with a decisive attitude;
- Outstanding communication skills with ability to adapt to different types of audiences maintaining cultural sensitivity and professionalism;
- Willingness to live in Kwale and proficiency in Mijikenda languages;
- Experience working in Kwale will be an added advantage.
Terms of Employment
Eight (8) months renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service. Probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is payable within the stated job grade.
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Contacts of three referees including telephone numbers and/or e-mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates.
- Contact telephone number.
All the applications to be done through KEMRI Website www.kemri.go.ke/e-recruitment portal– on or before March 24, 2023, latest 5.00 p.m. Please visit the KEMRI web site http://www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted