IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Position: Data Analyst (1 Position) K MR 6 Vacancy No. FN-03-11-2022
Reports to: Study Coordinator and Study Principal Investigators
Duration: 9 Months Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is a probation period
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop study and project data collection tools for specific projects and determine the types and sizes of sample groups to be used in conjunction with study investigators
- Set up and maintain high-quality research databases on REDCap and ODK with other data collection tools.
- Train, supervise, and oversee data collection teams, including clinicians, research assistants, and community health workers, as needed throughout the project to ensure high-quality study data at all levels.
- Responsible for weekly data cleaning and reporting of high-quality research data, as well as identifying and managing threats to data integrity in collaboration with study teams
- Analyze and reports the results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables.
- Presentation of statistical and non-statistical results using charts, bullets, and graphs in meetings or conferences to audiences such as clients, peers, and students.
- Use various statistical software, methods, and techniques to gather, analyze, and interpret research data to derive useful information for research data.
- Reporting and liaising with trial investigators on the quality of the data, and resolving any errors according to the study protocol.
- Assist in preparing clinical trial documents and reports, protocols, investigator brochures, scientific abstracts, peer-reviewed manuscripts, and responses to requests from regulatory agencies, local Institutional Review Board, and other health authorities.
- Reviews and analyzes safety reporting and other aspects of clinical trial monitoring.
- Assist in planning data collection methods in both facility-based and community-based projects in collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Help develop and test experimental designs, sampling techniques, and analytical methods.
- Discuss and interpret results with colleagues and collaborators in the trial/study.
- Ensuring deadlines and project milestones relating to data and analyses are met in collaboration with members of the research team and external collaborators as necessary.
- Mentorship and support of junior investigators affiliated with the project.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the study Coordinator and designated supervisors
- A Degree in mathematics or statistics and 2 years’ experience – or equivalent – in a similar position with demonstrated research experience, preferably in the health sciences.
- Great attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Good presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with one or more statistical packages (including Stata, R, SPSS or SAS) or other research databases.
- Excellent skills on REDCap and ODK.
- Prior experience working in HIV care or research
- Demonstrated research experience, preferably in the health sciences.
- Demonstrated experience in writing as evidenced by publications or project reports
- Proficiency with statistical and data management procedures (data cleaning, manipulation, summarization, tables, listings, graphics, and inferential statistical output) and report generation
How to Apply
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
- Indicate Position & Vacancy Number as the subject of the Email
- Must include a current CV with names of at least three referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: email@example.com not later than 2nd December, 2022.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY;PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contact.