IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
KEMRI–CCR PHRD (Thika) clinical trials Project is currently looking for a motivated individual to fill in the following vacant position:
Position: Data Manager, KMR 6
Reports to: Site Coordinator
The main purpose of the job is to support highly impactful clinical trials and observational research, being responsible for ensuring data quality and completeness according to General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), Good Clinical Practice (GCP), and Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP).
In addition, the job holder will oversee the management of data systems, installation, and maintenance of computer hardware, software, and networks.
- Manage tools for collecting, entering, editing, cleaning, organizing, and archiving data.
- Carry out data review, validation including discrepancy checking, and cleaning.
- Design RDBMS database for capturing and storing data.
- Prepare performance indicator reports on data status as the study project progress.
- Coordinates data for all study site projects.
- Conduct preliminary analysis and generate study progress reports and other statistical outputs as required from time to time.
- Participate in the development, review, and translation of research tools; Participate in the set-up and pre-testing of data collection platforms including open-source research applications.
- Establish data cleaning plans and execute the same to realize high-quality data including doing all required consistency checks for project data. Automate a data cleaning pipeline that can organically identify anomalies for continuous improvement in data quality.
- Document project datasets according to the Programme’s guidelines on data documentation, archiving, and sharing.
- Extract data and prepare analytical files.
- Develop template syntax files for research staff to use in creating various datasets.
- Perform basic and advanced statistical analysis of data using tools such as STATA and R.
- Development and update of data management Standard Operating Procedures for the organization.
- Oversee the Installation, connection, testing, and setup of hardware and software technologies.
- Provide recommendations and advice about future planning for accessing and purchasing technology resources.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software, and resources.
- Monitor the security of all technology.
- Manage and supervise department staff.
Education and Professional training
- A Degree in Data Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Information Technology, or related qualification.
- Knowledge of Data Management for Clinical Research or trials involving laboratory data handling.
- Understanding of relational database design, implementation, and verification.
- Training and in data management
- Excellent knowledge of database design.
- Excellent skills in data manipulation and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Very Good IT skills including hardware, software, and networks
- Good communication skills
- Supervisory skills
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, written, presentation and communication skills
- Basic analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Team working and ability to work in diverse teams
- Flexibility, adaptability, multi-tasking, and attention to detail
Terms of employment
Employment is on a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
HOW TO APPLY
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
- Must include a copy of Certificate of good conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Must have credit reference Bureau Certificate
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: email@example.com not later than 13th December 2022.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.