Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Vacancy No. CVDC/014/03/23
BOHEMIA (Broad One-Health Endectocide-based Malaria Intervention in Africa) is a UNITAID funded project affiliated to the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) conducting a cluster randomized controlled trial (cRCT) to evaluate ivermectin mass drug administration (MDA) to humans and cattle for malaria prevention trial in Kwale county. The project’s local implementing partner is KEMRI, through Kwale and Kilifi KEMRI Centers.
The project is seeking to appoint field assistants (health economics) to support the team in implementing a robust, multi-faceted cluster randomised controlled trial based in Kwale country.
POSITION: Field Assistants (health economics)
Job Grade: KMR 10
REPORTING TO: Health Economics field lead.
The candidate will be expected to support the data collection on local economic indicators to understand whether the health intervention may indirectly benefit the community’s livelihoods. The candidate will be based in the field, preferably in his/her village of residence and will be involved in health economic data collection.
- Follow Study Specific Procedures (SSPs) in terms of administering Informed Consent Forms (ICFs), data collection, and household visits, among others.
- Make monthly visits to the study households in the field complying with the program and study goals.
- Establish good relationships with the study participants and proceed ethically and professionally during field activities.
- Administer ICFs and enrol study participants.
- Be part of the team of fieldworkers responsible for administering the questionnaires for the Health and Economics study of the BOHEMIA project.
- Be part of the team of fieldworkers responsible for administering the questionnaire and performing skin examination for the sub-study of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) of the BOHEMIA project.
- Keep an open communication with study coordinators to ensure fieldwork is done according to protocol and study goals are met, as well as to report on challenges encountered in the field and resolve anomalies detected in the data.
- KCSE certificate with mean grade D
- A certificate in any biomedical sciences will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in reading and writing in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to meet project objectives and deadlines and collect high quality data;
- Ability to use devices for electronic data capture;
- Good communication skills, flexibility, integrity and professionalism;
- Must be a Kwale resident preferably from Lunga Lunga or Msambweni Sub County and fluent in a Mijikenda language;
- Valid Motorcycle riding licence will an added advantage.
- Previous experience working with the community will be an added advantage;
- Experience with health or economic research or program will be an added advantage.
Terms of Employment
Seven (7) months renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service. Probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is payable within the stated job grade.
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Contacts of three referees including telephone numbers and/or e-mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates.
- Contact telephone number.
All the applications to be done through KEMRI Website www.kemri.go.ke/e-recruitment portal– on or before March 24, 2023, latest 5.00 p.m. Please visit the KEMRI web site http://www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
You must be logged in to post a comment.