Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
The KEMRI/USA Medical Research Directorate-Kenya is a research organization affiliated to the Kenya Medical Research Institute. Our mission is to develop and test improved means for predicting, detecting, preventing and treating infectious diseases. We are looking for motivated individuals to fill the following position at the Kericho Field Station:
Information Communication Technology Officer: (1 post) Grade: KMR 6
Reporting to: Senior Information Communication Technology Officer
The ICT officer will be the primary user support officer who will maintain the Institute computer networks, provide technical support and ensure the Institute IT systems run smoothly, as s/he will monitor and maintain all computer systems, install and configure hardware and software as well as solve technical problems for users.
a) Job Specification
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Develop documentation of computer programs according to instructions and specifications;
- Install and configure computer systems;
- Maintain application systems;
- Provide IT user support and Train users on effective and efficient use of ICT facilities;
- Prepare and maintain network documentation and up to date equipment maintenance register;
- Install, configure and monitor Local Area Network components;
- Assist users in the Active Directory, e-mail server and User applications;
- Update and maintain the Institute’s website;
- Maintain and update the ICT Inventory
- Troubleshoot, Service and repair/fix ICT equipment; and
- Performing regular data and application backups.
- Prepare, review and update I.T Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
b) Person Specifications
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- 2 years working experience
- CompTIA Certification (A+, N+), Microsoft Certifications or Cisco (CCNA) will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience IT support or IT Technician roles
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Practical experience with internet and network security protocols
c) Key Skills and Competencies
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Team player
Terms of Employment:
One (1) year renewable contract.
Probation period for the first three (3) months
Remuneration: Salary is based on KEMRI salary scale.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit their application letters, curriculum vitae, 3 testimonials, copies of certificates and daytime telephone contact(s) no later than 6th October,2022 through the
following email; Kericho.HR@usamru-k.org
KEMRI/ USAMRU-K IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.