Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Vacancy No. CVDC/05A/03/23
BOHEMIA (Broad One-Health Endectocide-based Malaria Intervention in Africa) is a UNITAID funded project affiliated to the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) conducting a cluster randomized controlled trial (cRCT) to evaluate ivermectin mass drug administration (MDA) to humans and cattle for malaria prevention trial in Kwale county. The project’s local implementing partner is KEMRI, through Kwale and Kilifi KEMRI Centers.
The project is seeking to appoint a pharmacist to support the team in implementing a robust, multi-faceted cluster randomised controlled trial based in Kwale country.
POSITION: Pharmacist (1 position)
REPORTING TO: Study Principal Investigator
Job Grade: KMR 5
The candidate will be expected to perform investigational medical product (IMP) related duties from drug importation, repackaging, storage, handling, dispensing and disposal as well as ensuring adequate documentation is in place throughout. The study pharmacist will work together with a clinical team and will supervise pharmacy technologists. The pharmacist will report to the principal investigator.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the study protocols, goals and logistics required to conduct the clinical trial;
- Ensure pharmacy and drug store access control and maintain safety of the IMP and other study drugs;
- Oversee IMP management including the documentation of reception and storage;
- Ensure drug dispensing and inventory logs are maintained to assure adequate supplies and accountability;
- Support and promote the safe and ethical use of investigational drugs ;
- Develop standard operating procedures for the IMP management as per study protocols;
- Coordinate and oversee IMP disposal at study close-out ;
- Ensure participant safety through monitoring of clinical and laboratory adverse events;
- Ensure timely reporting of SUSARs/SAEs and protocol deviations;
- Take the lead in training and supervising the functions of relevant clinical and pharmacy personnel;
- Overseeing and coordinating the study implementation in the health facilities and ensuring all services comply with the Quality Management Plan;
- Compiling clinical and study data and regular reports from the study sites;
- Maintain relationships with collaborating partners, PPB and the MoH; and
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the study PIs.
- Degree in pharmacy from Pharmacy & Poisons Board accredited institution.
- Must be registered with the Pharmacy & Poisons Board.
- Hold a valid practicing license.
- Must have previous experience working in clinical trials and knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCP).
- Additional qualification or training in health research related field is desirable.
- Experience working in Kwale
- At least three years’ experience working in a clinical trial or research setting or equivalent
- Experience working in community-based projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective written communication skills, including project reporting, including using MS Word, Power point, and MS Excel
- Works professionally and ethically with competence, accountability, and integrity
- PPS training
Terms of Employment
One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service. Probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is payable within the stated job grade.
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Contacts of three referees including telephone numbers and/or e-mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates.
- Contact telephone number
All the applications to be done through KEMRI Website www.kemri.go.ke/e-recruitment portal– on or before March 24, 2023, latest 5.00 p.m. Please visit the KEMRI web site http://www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
You must be logged in to post a comment.