IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Position: Research Assistants ( 2 Positions) K MR 7
Vacancy No. FN-02-11-2022
Reports to: Study Coordinator & Study Principal Investigators
Location: Kisumu/ Siaya
Duration: 9 Months as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is a probation period
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mobilize and sensitize facility health workers on cervical cancer screening and prevention
- Conduct health talks to patients on cervical cancer screening and treatment
- Conduct community engagement and entry through meetings and regular communication with key stakeholders on cervical cancer screening.
- Define and manage client flow to cervical cancer screening rooms to eliminate missed opportunities for screenings and treatment
- Ensure all study data collection tools and consent forms are available and kept in a safe lockable cabinet.
- Attend facility departmental and PI meetings sharing study updates
- Conduct pre-test and post- test interviews using tablet computers
- Data collection, entry, and cleaning using REDCap and Open Data Kit (ODK)
- Conduct In-depth interviews and develop transcripts from transcription and translation
- Lead study focus groups with the support of the study coordinator and Principal Investigators
- Conduct participant tracing through phone call reminders, short message service (SMS), and home tracking by the use of locator information
- Other duties as assigned by data management, Study coordinator, or Study Principal Investigators.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine, Nursing, Community Health, Sociology, and Social Work. A degree in any health-related course will be an added advantage.
- At least two years relevant experience in research or clinical setting, preferably with significant counseling and social science department role
- Experience in working in HIV care or communities affected by HIV/AIDS
- Experience in conducting surveys, in-depth interviews or focus groups, and working in the community will be an added advantage
Other required skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Data collection and entry experience using REDCap (and/or ODK) (preferred)
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in English, Kiswahili, and Luo required
- Must be keen and attentive to details and can keenly follow instructions and procedures
How to Apply
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
- Indicate Position & Vacancy Number as the subject of the Email
- Must include a current CV with names of at least three referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 2nd December, 2022.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY;PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contact.