IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Position: Research Assistants ( 4 Positions) K MR 7
Vacancy No. FN-05-11-2022
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Duration: 6 Months as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 2 months is a probation period
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Register and consent study participants and assist with eligibility determination, screening and enrolment of study participants.
- Administer and collect participant tobacco use history and medication use history as per study protocol.
- Provide health education on tobacco use cessation counselling support.
- Respond to questions about the study posed by participants and the community.
- Ensure participant retention and adhere to site retention strategies and requirements.
- Maintain up to date participant visit notes.
- Develop and review study related SOPs.
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports of personal study activities.
- Ensuring safety of data collection tools and equipment assigned.
- Accurate and prompt study documentation.
- Transport Reimbursement for participant
- Other duties as assigned by the Study Coordinator
- Minimum of a Diploma in Public health or Social Science or Community Development or related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Counselling and Psychosocial support.
- At least 2 years of experience working in HIV Clinics.
- Good Clinical Practice training/Human Subjects Protection training in behavioural Health
Other required skills
- Must be keen and attentive to details and have ability to follow instructions and procedures properly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication required.
- Must be non-judgmental and flexible to mix with all cadres of people
- Prior working knowledge in tobacco use cessation programs is desirable
- Must have good interpersonal skills, flexible and a team player.
How to Apply
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
- Indicate Position & Vacancy Number as the subject of the Email
- Must include a current CV with names of at least three referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of the documents listed above should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 2nd December, 2022.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY;PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted