Position: Study Coordinator (1 Position) K MR 5 Vacancy No. FN-01-11-2022
Reports to: Study Principal Investigator
Location: Kisumu/ Siaya
Duration: 9 Months as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 2 months is a
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the study protocols, goals and logistics required to conduct research studies and implementation projects
- Maintain daily oversight of study implementation
- Coordinate study team to ensure proper performance of study and project activities
- Evaluate potential patients for inclusion in the study according to the study protocol
- Oversee the recruitment of study participants by providing counseling and linkage of study participants in conjunction with research assistants
- Perform study visits and clinical assessments of participants, document study procedures, and interpret laboratory results in collaboration with study PIs.
- Ensure participant safety through monitoring of clinical and laboratory adverse events
- Ensure timely reporting of SAEs/UAEs and protocol deviations.
- Take the lead in training and supervising the functions of relevant clinical personnel.
- Ensure participant privacy and confidentiality are maintained
- Overseeing, improving, and coordinating the study implementation in the health facilities and ensuring all services comply with the Quality Management Plan
- Mentoring and supervising clinic staff members in participating sub-counties
- Compiling clinical and study data and regular reports from the study sites
- Developing clinic Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) to be used in the study sites
- Oversee and monitor study budget expenditure
- Maintain relationships with collaborating partners and the MoH
- Work professionally and ethically with competence, accountability, and integrity
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the study PIs
- Works professionally and ethically with competence, accountability, and integrity
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from a recognized training institution.
- Be duly registered by the relevant professional body
- Hold a valid practicing license
Additional desirable qualities
- At least three years’ experience working in a clinical trial or research setting – or equivalent, preferably in a supervisory role or with supervisory duties
- Experience working in HIV care, either in a clinical or research setting
- Comfortable working in Siaya and Kisumu County, including in rural clinics and community-based projects
- Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English and preferably Dholuo
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective written communication skills, including project reporting, including using MS Word, Power point, and MS Excel
How to Apply
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
- Indicate Position & Vacancy Number as the subject of the Email
- Must include a current CV with names of at least three referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 2nd December, 2022.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY;PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contact.