Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
CAREER OPPORTUNITY WITH KENYA POWER
Applications are hereby invited to fill the following vacancy in The Kenya Power & Lighting Company Plc.
COXSWAIN (1 VACANCY)
Job Ref: HR: KP1/5B.2/1/3/1132
Reporting to the Transport Engineer, the successful candidate will be operating a company boat to ferry company staff and equipment within the Lamu Islands. The specific tasks will entail:-
- Ferry employees and loading/unloading of materials for operation from the boat within designated points as instructed.
- Ensure good maintenance and safe custody of the boat and equipment. Ensure safety of products/goods in the boat and its crew.
- Observe and comply with marine code of conduct and other related legal laws.
- Ensure payment of taxes/levies and valid licences for the boat are available at all times.
- Carry out daily cleaning and minor routine maintenance of the boat Report any malfunction of the boat for timely repairs.
- Prepare fuel cost returns
- Maintain and make timely records of mileage returns. Performe any other duties as may be assigned.
- KCSE Certificate.
- Coxswain Licence from Kenya Ports Authority or other comparable organizations.
- Valid Driving License class BCE.
- Three (3) years rowing/sailing experience.
- Excellent navigating skills and understanding of wind patterns in the Indian Ocean.
- First Aid training and fire fighting techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and familiarity with boat operations.
- Experience in swimming/diving.
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Possession of safety training will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons should submit their applications online through visiting Kenya Power website on http://www.kplc.co.ke. Attach detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials. Please note that we may use this information to conduct background verification during the recruitment process. Quote the title of the position you are applying for and include your mobile telephone contact, email addresses and names and addresses of three (3) referees to be received not later than Friday, 19th August 2022.
Only candidates offered employment shall be expected to present the following clearance certificates;
Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
Current Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); Current Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kenya Power does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)