Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Since 2015, Boma International Hospitality College (BIHC) has passionately trained and influenced young and aspiring hoteliers to shape one of the oldest industries since time.
We believe in offering life-long learning that is innovative, with hands-on-the-practical skills that can be utilized to offer solutions to our world’s most dynamic and ever-changing industry. This mantra has sailed us through to be a TVET Centre of Excellence for Hospitality Training and marks just the beginning of an incredible journey ahead.
We’re also rooted in our Purpose and guided by our Values, which include Professionalism, Passion, Growth and Timeliness. We recognize that the only way we can to achieve this Purpose is to work with and engage a diverse workforce that reflects the communities and industry we serve. By creating an inclusive work environment where all feel like they belong and are respected for their unique contributions to our mission, this purpose can easily shape into a reality.
In addition to the requirements below, we recognize that people come with diverse talents and experiences beyond the scope indicated and such we still encourage you to apply.
YOUR POSITION WITH BIHC: FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT
HOW YOU WILL FIT INTO OUR MISSION: We pride in being a small community that ensures that every participant is known at an individual level in order to understand their specific needs and constantly assess that these needs are met. We believe in high standards of professionalism which come with discipline and upholding ethical standards. This is evidenced by the emphasis put on instituting a professional dress code among staff and learners, an aspect that is embraced by the management of the college. We have an open culture that encourages communication within the different hierarchical levels.
WHAT YOU WILL DO (Your responsibilities will include):
As a Front Office Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Administration Department and managing the BIHC Front Office Operations.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
- Front office management
- Student and staff support
- Administrative support
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the reception area including responding to enquiries and receiving visitors in a professional way.
- Receive and direct all incoming calls at the reception while taking messages where necessary and relaying them to the appropriate staff according to office procedures.
- Prepare invitations, programs and other relevant documentation for College events and coordinating distribution of office parcels and mail ensuring proper sorting of both incoming and outgoing deliveries within stipulated timelines.
- Assist in follow up calls/emails to students or any third parties as directed by the administration department.
- Provide administrative and clerical support, including coordinating incoming meeting and appointment requests for staff/faculty, boardroom bookings, preparation of correspondence, memoranda, notices to students, taking minutes and distributing to relevant staff etc.
- Proper record keeping of physical and online administration department documentation and generating required reports.
- Raise purchase requisitions on behalf of the department and generate weekly reports on the Procurement status liaising with the Procurement Department.
- Assist the Administration office with duties linked to Human Resources, Repairs & Maintenance, Finance, Legal and any other administrative tasks.
- Process Students’ Group Personal Accident and Medical Insurance covers ensuring all students have been declared and statuses updated.
- Issue and manage student uniforms stock, kitchen safety shoes, gowns and maintaining updated records of inventory on the same.
- Assist in managing school office supplies, inventory, and issuance of supplies to administrative staff.
- Ensure cleanliness and orderliness at the reception area while abiding to the policies and regulations of the college.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
THE SKILLS AND COMPETENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in any related field and with a hospitality background.
- 2 years’ experience as an assistant in administration.
- Demonstrate continuing professional development.
- A deep understanding of, commitment to and involvement in hospitality Industry
Key Skills and Personal Attributes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Must have attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Front Office Operations and the college as a whole.
- Organizing, coordinating and interpersonal skills.
- Skills in the use of computerized systems and databases.
- Knowledge of BIHC’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent judgment with the ability to balance risks and opportunities
- Excellent customer service skills.
- An absolute commitment to upholding the College Values. In particular, commitment:
- to act with integrity, authenticity & respect at all times
- to secure continuous improvement and excellence
HOW YOU CAN JOIN US:
Apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than Thursday 23rd March 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Job disclaimer and notification: BIHC is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.
You must be logged in to post a comment.