Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Switch Media Ltd is a young, energetic, & dynamic media organization that serves Africa’s youth. Switch Media Ltd is a digital media and production company, having transitioned from the FTA TV model in 2022. Switch TV airs on all our social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and on the website. Our digital services include digital advertising and also website development.
Switch Media is owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS), based in Nairobi Kenya.
Switch Media Ltd is seeking a passionate and enthusiastic individual for the following position in the Production and Technology Department:
Position Title : Technical Engineer
Reporting to: Head of Production & Technology
Job Location: Nairobi
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for all TV/Broadcast technology, maintenance and repair of production and technology equipment. To lead and supervise the production staff by consistently monitoring, guiding, and enhancing the achievement of highest professional and ethical standards in their work.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance and operation of all broadcast-related equipment. He/she will also provide technical support in program/film, concerts and music recording, ensuring the quality of production and transmission of both audio and video.
- Responsible for overall TV technology operation and business continuity; development, maintenance and ensuring all broadcasting and transmission equipment are operational at all times.
- Provide workarounds in case of emergency; support ICT, Production and other clients by providing quick technical solutions.
- Make accurate logs on faults to enable quick and accurate resolutions.
- Regularly advise and make recommendation to the Chief Technical Officer (Studio & OB Operations) on new technologies, new solutions and equipment hence ensuring the business is technically proficient.
- Ensure that all services required by Production & Technology clients (Sales, Marketing etc.) are delivered efficiently, on time, and without fail
- Liaise with Technical directors & Creative Producers on live broadcasts and recordings to ensure a smooth and correct flow process as per specifications of the Production department.
- Maintaining partner relationships with suppliers; contracts and support.
- Managing daily/weekly reports on the status of technology.
Any other departmental roles as may be delegated by your supervisor.
Qualifications, Work experience and skills required
- University Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering/Media Technology.
- Minimum 3 years of TV studio engineering/operation experience in video and audio technology.
- Familiarity with video and audio system design concept and equipment
- Equipment setup and engineering skills
- Must have an up-to-date knowledge of all relevant technologies in digital broadcasting production techniques including audio/video capture and distribution and IP networks.
- Thrive in a high-pressure environment, attentive to detail with the ability to multi task.
- Ability to make quick decisions and to improvise if necessary
- Must be self-driven, assertive, punctual and organized.
- Must be able to demonstrate great planning and organization skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through http://www.switchmedia.ke/careers to reach us not later than 4th October 2022; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification:
Switch Media Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.