Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
This role is responsible for management of the internal investigations involving corruption and unethical behavior by the Authority’s staff that negatively affects the Authority’s mandate.
Implementing an effective framework for management of Internal investigations
- Overseeing timely and effective conduct of internal investigations and case reviews.
- Ensuring effective support of administrative processes where findings of internal investigations forms the basis of such actions.
- Ensure effective linkages with other Law Enforcement Agencies in support of internal investigations Processes as appropriate
- Coordinate quality assurance programs including internal audit, quality management system matters as well as monitoring implementation of audit/ risks management recommendations for divisional compliance with ISO requirements and procedures/policies
- Organizing divisional meetings/events/workshops and providing secretarial support for operational efficiency
- Develop and implement section budget, procurement plan and annual training plan for skills enhancement and efficient service delivery
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the unit
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Drive initiatives to improve ethical culture and facilitate change management in the unit
Decision Making/Job Influence
- Strategic decisions for effective resource management.
- Review investigations recommendations by Assistant Managers and make appropriate recommendations to the Chief Manager
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills)
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, Law, social sciences or related field from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Training and skills in investigation of corruption/economic crimes
- Relevant professional certification is an added advantage
Previous relevant work experience required
- At-least five (5) years’ experience in investigation of corruption/economic crimes including assisting in reviewing of cases and two (2) years at first level management.
- Experience in prosecution of internal disciplinary matters
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Leadership and people management skills
- Technological ability
- Risk management and analysis
- Professional networking
- Process management
- High level of Integrity
- Tax business understanding
- Tax fraud and investigation
- Strategy design
- Good decision-making capabilities
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Resilient, focused and results-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills