IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate of both in house and outsourced services and contracts management
- Management of Supervisors, Officers, Drivers and Support staff.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Supervise, mentor and coach staff
- Supervise the implementation and management of Fleet Management
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory legislation
- Formulate and /or review Unit’s work plans
- Ensure regular review & evaluation of services provided by thirds parties, adherence to the SLAs
- Ensure vehicles are regularly inspected and maintained
- Compile the annual budget and procurement plans for the section and Implement budgeted activities.
- Policy development/ review.
- Fleet Management
- Initiate procurement process by seeking necessary approvals.
- Develop specifications and Bills of Quantity.
- Participate in bid evaluation.
- Review Driver allocation
- Develop and implement fuel management controls
- Procurement of motor vehicles.
- Receive and distribute motor vehicles.
- Implement all audit recommendations in the section
- Annual licensing of commercial vehicles.
- Ensure Repair/ service of motor vehicles.
- Valuation of motor vehicles.
- Disposal of motor vehicles.
- Report motor vehicle accidents.
- Financial Responsibility
Development of budgets.
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the Authority.
- Provides oversight over physical assets assigned to the section.
Decision Making / Job Influence
- Makes strategic, operational and financial decisions.
- Plan the work of subordinates.
- Assign work to subordinates.
- Monitor subordinates work performance.
- Appraise/evaluate subordinates performance.
Predominantly works within the office
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Logistics Management or equivalent subject.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
Relevant professional registration.
Previous relevant work experience required.
At least five (5) years’ work experience with two (2) years at first level management.
At least 2 years of practice in Fleet management
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Analytical and Report writing skills
- Managerial and administrative skills
- Knowledge of traffic Law & Act
- Team player
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)