Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Build a strong and loyal raw milk supply base from the farmers in the Society’s catchment areas.
- Monitor and continuously grow milk volumes delivered to Society, and raise any concerns for timely interventions.
- Offer extension services to the Society’s dairy farmers.
- Develop and implement strategies on how to reactivate dormant farmers and onboard new farmers.
- Advice the Management and the Board on ways of improving members’ services and commitment.
- Lead the extension department in developing, implementing, and conducting comprehensive and effective farmers’ training, organized field visits, and support services.
- Coordinate with the Quality Control Officer on quality improvement of milk supplied by members and troubleshooting milk quality issues from the farmer level.
- Take the lead in guiding the extension department to initiate new technologies for adoption by the Society’s dairy farmers e.g climate-smart dairy farming, use of ICT tools, etc
- Disseminate any relevant information to the members, especially on all services available to them.
- Provide technical advice on design elements (extension model and relevant approaches) to strengthen and reform the extension system.
- Advice the Management and the Board on how to increase milk delivery by farmers.
- Lead extension department in developing strategies to support the Society’s farmers to do dairy as a business; aspects of record keeping, reducing the cost of production, etc
- Structure work plans, targets, and reports for the extension department.
- Coordinate with other relevant departments to support the achievement of milk volumes and extension services for the members
- Submit daily, weekly and monthly reports to the General Manager on activities done, results, challenges, and, recommendations.
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Animal Science, Animal Production, Agriculture extension, and education, or any other related field
- With at least 3-4 years of experience in Extension services
- Certificate of good conduct
- 2 years valid driving license /Motorbike
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in the local dialect.
- Ability to work without supervision
- Management skills
- Result oriented
Method of Application
Forward your CV only to email@example.com The application deadline is Tuesday 31st January 2023, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.