IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
What you will do
- Design, implement and support KOKO’s data infrastructure
- Design and implement ETL pipelines, selecting the most appropriate tools and products in collaboration with KOKO’s analytics, product and engineering teams
- Build logical and understandable data models and data stores to house data from KOKO’s various live products and other diverse data sources for consumption by other teams
- Build systems to track data quality and consistency, ensuring that our data is accurate & up to date
- Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service use of KOKO’s data (create tools that assist teams in this process).
- Keep our data secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions
- As the team grows, help recruit and manage additional data engineers
- Represent the Data Engineering discipline during sprint planning meetings and retrospectives
- Help build the engineering culture at KOKO, attracting similar minded people with a passion for using technology to tackle hard challenges
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- At least three years experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or a related field
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- A track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development and optimisation, and data warehousing
- Experience working with big data technologies (preferably within AWS)
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong initiative, project management and organizational skills
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, who is calm and decisive under pressure
- Proactive approach to knowledge sharing and developing best practices
- Strong experience taking part in sprints, being involved in planning, retrospectives and estimations with cross-functional teams
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus a quarterly cash bonus
- Annual compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Discounted health insurance with no-cost financing for you and your dependents (in Kenya)
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays plus examination leave
- Ongoing investment in you and your skills, incl. full access to over 5,000 online courses
- The right equipment for the job – a choice of MacBook, Windows, or Linux laptop