We offer an employee friendly environment for you to develop and grow to become a skilled transportation logistics professional in a challenging and fast developing company with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group. If, like us, you put customers at heart of everything you do, you can expect to be rewarded with a full package of benefits on top of a salary that grows with you as you grow in our business.
To be responsible for managing the Process and Systems functions in the Customer Care Locations of the cluster Kenya, Tanzania. This includes all the related activities of process analysis, continuous improvement, training, support and maintenance of all sea logistics processes and their related applications. To be responsible and ensure the Customer on-boarding process is implemented and the methodology is effectively used. This role undertakes the functional and disciplinary leadership as per relevant organizational structure and ensures methodical, professional and open leadership and coaching.
- To be responsible for the delivery of day to day process support for customer service and management through supporting our sea logistics production systems and customer service tools in cooperation with the regional team.
- To oversee and ensure the delivery of training (system enhancements, sea freight forwarding, process optimization and other advanced and dedicated trainings).
- To ensure high operational data quality via analysis, review and action planning together with the Sea Logistics Customer Care Location Managers.
- To support and oversee supplier electronic data (EDI) interfaces via definition of requirements, support and communicating with IT teams and Sea Logistics Process Excellence teams for specifications.
- To drive process optimization and support the implementation of changed processes to improve the quality of operational processes and systems.
- To oversee the testing and implementation of new releases in cooperation with the Regional Team.
- To act as the interface between IT and the business by defining + communicating system requirements in cooperation with Regional Team.
- To drive the analysis of operational procedures for both customers and suppliers and assist with documenting and producing solutions.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Educating Others: Acts as a subject matter expert for others + supports knowledge sharing
- IT/Systems Knowledge: To know and master sea processes + related systems
- Process Improvement: Ability to identify areas for improvement to enhance efficiencies and business impact
- Performance Management: To be able to manage both people + process/system performance
- The role holder needs to bring the right attitude to the job with a focus on driving profitable operational solutions for the organization making sure we are able to deliver, maintain and improve.
- They should have a focus on leadership, project management, systems knowledge and above all else, a process improvement mindset.
- They must be flexible, trustworthy and demonstrate a high level of business judgment, focus + commitment to be successful in this role.
With over 80,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.