Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Establish and build a competent financial planning and analysis capability to support Kyosk Digital growth and strategic ambitions;
- Provision of best of breed decision support services which enable the various countries of Kyosk Digital to make appropriate business decisions;
- Be a strategic Partner and subject matter expert to the global Head of Finance w.r.t financial planning and analysis;
- Undertake a variety of controlling, consulting and administrative tasks to support Kyosk Digital global Kenya operations;
- Establish and manage a transformation management office to domicile companywide efficiency initiatives geared towards achieving operational excellence and P/L structural economics. This includes working with user functions such as product and tech departments to define KPIs, support to monitor and measure those KPIs to ensure investments such as tech features built are ROI or GMV accretive;
- Provide ongoing support to user departments with the tracking of efficiency initiatives in line with business strategy.
- Performance measurement
- Make sure that all deadlines are respected working closely with Reporting and Accounting team and interlocking with operations and commercial team’s w.r.t the close process and requirements;
- Production and reconciliation of key month end reports regarding Volumes, Revenues, Profit, Variance Analysis and P&L by region, by warehouse, by category, by product, by sku, by sales agent, by duka etc;
- Provision of reliable figures and in-depth knowledge of the relevant business metrics. Analysis ranges from top-level review to detailed research;
- Prepare ad hoc reports to analyse any variances against targets e.g., volume and mix analysis;
- Own the periodic (weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual as well as ad hoc) business review needs i.e., prepare and generate reports, templates, slides etc required for business review to track performance against KPIs;
- Prepare and distribute key business reports and analyses (Revenues): daily, weekly, monthly, YTD, quarterly, bi-annual, annual against targets;
- Give input into fundraising pitch decks;
- Provide information on the Company’s financial performance in both excel and PowerPoint;
- Analyse financial performance against budget and prior year;
- Prepare financial forecasts;
- Monitor financial performance against debt covenants;
- Monitor financial performance against selected financial key performance indicators;
- Highlight areas of financial outperformance and underperformance;
- Identify negative trends and alert operational management ahead of time;
- Prepare financial outputs for management meetings (various levels), board packs, investor presentations.
- Budget / Forecasts
- Involvement with management in the top-down budget and forecast setting process and cascading agreed targets to inform bottom-up budgeting and forecasting with the operational teams.
- Train and support a growing team of analysts including multi-country as business expands across the continent to ensure strict adherence to Kyosk Digital standards and compliance with procedures;
- Develop a strong performing team, by taking care of the career paths of any direct reports;
- Be as key pillar of developing an internal analysis and self-service business intelligence capability in the business through ongoing coaching, training etc.;
- Coordinate the bottom-up budgeting and forecasting process and provision of information to the commercial and operations departments as and when it is needed.
- Best Practices: Collect and share best practices on Financial Planning and Analysis;
- Support Missions: Identifies weaknesses and organize relevant support missions to Kyosk Digital s global operations, to help remediate any potential issues;
- Value Adding Projects: review of cost to serve, value chain and pricing analysis, establishment of key performance indicators.
- Manage a team of junior analysts as the organisation expands;
- Being the interface between commercial and operations w.r.t financial planning and financial analysis;
- Regular meetings with senior finance colleagues in Accounting and reporting and support them with all financial issues they might face;
- Regular contact with the Kyosk Management to provide them with business analysis insight and help them in monitoring the business internal growth and follow up performance indicators on a monthly basis.
Decision Making Authority:
- Work is conducted independently, but against a specific work plan with final review by the Global Head of Finance;
- The role is a development role, managing the input/output to/from financial reporting systems. Successful candidate should show reactivity and autonomy to perform his/her assignments.
Minimum Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Degree in Accounting / Business / Engineering or equivalent;
- Post graudate degree in Finance;
- Qualified accountant – ACCA / CIMA or equivalent;
- Previous experience / knowledge in management reporting tools;
- Advanced knowledge of excel analysis and data modelling skills eg. Power Query; Power Pivot;
- Advanced knnowledge of BI tools eg. Power BI, Tableau etc;
- Advanced knowledge of data warangling / cleansing tools – ETL (Extract Transformation Load) techniques such as Get and Transform in MS Excel;
- Additional knowledge of MySQL would be an added advantage;
- 5 years minimum experience in a leading audit firm or as a financial analyst in a multinational company or business planning and analysis;
- Multiple assignments in major industrial companies or experience in the FMCG sector is desirable;
Competencies & Key Skills:
- Business acumen;
- Analytical thinking;
- Effective decision making;
- Project management;
- Communication skills;
- Team work and team management;
- People development skills;
- Results oriented;
- Customer oriented;
About the Company:
Export Trading Group is the largest agricultural-commodity supply chain company in East and Southern Africa. The Company originates (buys) crops at farm gate “up country” in over 25 African countries, aggregates and processes them in a network of proprietary facilities and exports them internationally. Using this infrastructure in reverse, the Company imports fertilizer and rice, breaks bulk and processes them, and distributes them to smallholders.
ETG Digital Platforms (Kyosk) is building the future of the retail of everyday essentials and access to financial services in Africa, starting from Kenya.
Kyosk Digital Services limited is a tech-led platform that connects informal retailers who retail in kiosks and other similar retail outlets directly to fast-moving consumer goods companies (FMCGs) by communicating demand from retail outlets directly to FMCGs and their distributors and managing the delivery of the goods to the kiosks.
Our digital ordering and delivery platform – Kyosk, ensures that these retail outlets get access to stock at competitive prices and have them delivered directly to them. FMCGs find the traditional distribution chain to be inadequate as well, making it expensive for them to serve kiosk-type retail outlets, leading to high incidences of product stock-outs and lost sales opportunities. By providing FMCGs with good data visibility, we solve this major problem of theirs.
If you want to become a business leader in the emerging digital technology space and join a rapidly growing company of passionate and determined individuals with a singular will to win, Kyosk Digital is the organization for you.
You must be logged in to post a comment.