IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Senior Software Engineer – Back End
Kyosk Digital Services Limited
Department: Product & Technology
Position: Senior Software Engineer – Back -End
Location: Remote based in Africa
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Kyosk is looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to help strengthen the development competency of a team of software engineers who are developing solutions on the leading edge of innovation in Africa. The successful candidate will play a leading role in the full SDLC of the team’s output.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll join our growing team of Product and Technology professionals who share a passion for leveraging technology to empower informal retailers across the African continent. You’ll work with teams from multiple countries across the organization to imagine and build innovative solutions for Kyosk’s customers and internal teams.
To be successful in this role you will need to be a strong technologist, innovator and an analytical problem solver. You will need to develop high-quality, resilient, scalable software.
- Play a leading role in the design and development of software solutions
- Triage, investigate and resolve errors
- Adhere to, promote and help to improve Kyosk’s development processes
- Code reviews
- Mentor less experienced software engineers
- Experiment with new technologies/solutions and develop a PoC
Minimum Technical Requirements:
- 6 years of software development experience
- 2 years experience in the full SDLC (analysis, design, development, testing, integration, deployment, documentation, triage)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Proficiency with administrative tools, e.g. Issue Tracking, Wikis, etc
- An advanced level user of dev toolchain (e.g. IDE, CI/CD, version control)
- Backend dev: Advanced knowledge of Java, SpringBoot, and Hibernate.
- Frontend dev: Advanced knowledge of Angular
- Working knowledge of containerization and orchestration
- Experience implementing the microservices design pattern
- Working knowledge of any cloud platform
- Experience designing and implementing a system from scratch
- Experience implementing complex automated tests (unit, integration, performance, etc)
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of system non-functional requirements (e.g. code readability, maintainability, scalability, extensibility, testability, etc), and can weigh the pros and cons of a solution w.r.t. non-functional requirements.
Minimum Behavioural and Soft Skills Requirements:
- Strong work ethic
- Focus on delivery
- Works independently
- Expectation management
- Passion for learning
- Ability to lead a discussion with clients in a professional manner
- Ability to give reasonably accurate time estimates
- Proactively accommodates value chain outside of the sphere of responsibility
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely
- Can take the lead on small projects
Desired Technical Competencies
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in the full SDLC
- Working knowledge of Kafka
- Frontend dev: working knowledge of NestJS
- Experience in e-commerce, payments, and/or distribution of FMCG products
- Experience using GCP
- Working knowledge of Docker containers and Kubernetes for orchestration
- Practitioner of the shift-left approach
- Experience introducing automated tests into a code base
- Experience architecting, designing and implementing a software system
Desired Behavioral Competencies
- Constantly seeks to improve tech and processes to streamline development
- Ability to work under pressure, with tight timelines and ambitious deadlines
- You have integrity: You do what you say you will do and make no excuses.
- Promote psychological safety in the team, as well as across the entire organization.
About Kyosk Digital Services Limited
Kyosk is a tech-led company that connects informal retailers and other similar outlets directly to fast-moving consumer goods companies (FMCGs) by communicating demand from retail outlets directly to FMCGs and their distributors and managing the delivery of the goods to the retailers.
Our digital-first platform ensures that retail outlets get access to stock at competitive prices and have them delivered directly to them. FMCGs find the traditional distribution chain to be inadequate as well, making it expensive for them to serve kiosk-type retail outlets, leading to high incidences of product stock-outs and lost sales opportunities. By providing FMCGs with good data visibility, we solve this major problem of theirs.
Kyosk also applies technology to bring financial inclusion to millions of informal retailers and consumers across Africa. By developing and leveraging fintech innovations, we constantly improve how we collect and reconcile payments for goods, driving towards 100% digitized payments.
Apply by: Dec. 9, 2022